Magana559's High comp LS build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

actually it was kind of low for a racecar runing on meth. he now owns a K series and its 17:1 or so with knsler itbs and its like a 2.6L now i dont tune it im not supper great with K motors yet i need one of my own to learn on i dont feal comfortabe giving my self a education on someone else dime

I still think you did a good job period if you could tune something with compression that high and 17:1 just seems ungodly lol.

Now I was told that in order to use crower's 405a or 405's I need to have some head work done because the high lift pushes the valve steams or valve steam seals out of place???

is this true? and also anybody ever DD 405's?

i have ran some very large cams like 580 lift on a gsr head and had to trim down the valve guides and run no valve seals but this was a race car and not going to work for a street car if they are saying that yoo need thes mods done the cam is probaly to big for your needs/ comp ratio

Well 405's have 478 lift on em and my comp ratio will be 11:1, I read somewere on H-T that it pushes the valve steam seal out of place. I have yet to talk to my machinest about this, but I dont know If he will know if its true. I guess Ill have to call JG or crower and see what they say or see if anyone has had this problem.

I can always stick to 404's for now, but if i can run a 405 for the same price.....why the hell not eh?!

Im also planning on upgrading to a built vtec head in a year or so......so I guess im just trying to get the most power for the least ammount of money.

you will probaly make more power with the 404s than the 405s with 11:1 there is a such thing as to much cam for your comp ratio and head/intake manifold setup

you will probaly make more power with the 404s than the 405s with 11:1 there is a such thing as to much cam for your comp ratio and head/intake manifold setup

Werd. Get to wild and your torque suffers.

GL with the build. Looks good so far.

Thank you 97hatch you have been a ton of help! ok so Ill be running 404's.

Thanks Newb Im trying my best not to cut corners.

Look what the cat draged in!

I found my stock LS port and throttle body mached intake manifold!

Picture057.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Nice build. I'm currently building a B18a block with a lightened and razor edged crank, 12:1 pistons and a port and polished head. Cams to come later.

Nice build. I'm currently building a B18a block with a lightened and razor edged crank, 12:1 pistons and a port and polished head. Cams to come later.

sounds like a sick build! do you have pics?

applauds. more rust? Awesome

the more the better lol Im finding a lot of old parts at my moms place, Its better than paying for a new one!

nice..your gonna have to rematch the gasket..if i was you id run a hondata intake mani gasket..

Yep, Ill do that myself with a micro grinder.

i have a couple of pics in my galleries. but i'ts going slowly right now with christmas around the corner. and the fact that the bottom end is at the machine shop lol

Im stuck! I dont know what to buy! lol

I def need a upper and lower gasket set, but I dont know were to get it the cheapest. I dont want to cheap ass it out and leak oil or coolant all over the place in less than 10k miles.

If anybody knows were to get OEM or same quality gaskets for a lower price than a honda dealership please let me know.

I just this whole thread going and POOOF! it's gone..

Anywho, Get the cheap gaskets but for the head. I've used a smearing of 'utlra grey' on both sides and let it harden, that way it doesn't squish out keeping it nice and clean.
I've even soaked them in gear lube on the ones that may be taken off from time to time. It stops them from sticking and helps with vacume leaks too.
I've saved TONS of $ on Ebay gaskets..
My supplier told me that this b18/20 would run 141$ for the complete GASKET 'kit'!!
Here's one setup that I wanted but it's only for the B18.. ITR P73 Integra Type R Pistons Rings Bearings Gaskei:eBay Motors (item 160386781681 end time Dec-22-09 14:04:13 PST)

Now that makes them lots cheaper than getting each and every part from my guy. (I just wish that they had a 84.5mm set..)

Just my .02

E

Last edited:
sorry guys, my laptop is shit right now and my camera broke so im almost never online.

I did however get the rod bolts and wrist pins pressed in. also got the rods reconditioned.

Back