Magana559's High comp LS build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

not all together yet, working on it. Im going to pick up my 403's on monday and pick up the skunk2 intake mani on friday. going to buy my bearings and get my block bored later ths month too. after all that ill start building. should be done and tuned by march.

GEDC0091.jpg

GEDC0092.jpg

GEDC0093.jpg

GEDC0094.jpg

GEDC0097.jpg

Thanks matt
intake mani is on friday and ill order all my gaskets, bearings, thrust washers ect. ect. when i get my income tax.

lucky guy... now sell those drugs!

lol Yes sir!

I got my intake mani, cam gears, and valve cover today! all for a low price of $140!

Also we agreed on breaking in the motor on the dyno at no extra charge!

Pics uploading!

Dont mind the mess, the guys and I played MW2 last night.

Why are you expecting the numbers (hp) so low? I would think that set up will get you more the 150whp. I'm curious to find out the results.

I would much rather aim low that too high....dont wanna get my hopes up and all.

Agreed I would rather be pleasantly surprised too. I thought I read this already but are you building the bottom to take the B16 head if you want?

Yep, The LS head will only be on untill the B16 head is built. After that I will make this bad bitch a LS-V!

Yeah.....looks like tig welding from a machine. You can tell by the size of the 'dimes' stacked on top of one another. Funny how jigs have been taken to this level now. They can pop out tons of these with a machine and a CAD program. I remember working for my cousin (summers in college) welding those 'dimes' with a mig welder. We built Wake Board Towers for boats....custom one-off towers specializing in family I/O boats (b/c the only ones for them are pretty ugly and ours looked sick). It was fun and taught me a lot about bending/shaping pipe. Building a roll cage would be a cake walk after dozens of one-off towers we built. But welding at 3pm on a CA summer day was a pain in the a$$...although heading to the river after work to Wake Board and drink Beer made it all better!

yep its def machine welded. but the welds are nice and clean, welded on the inside and out. It was also cleaned up on the inside by the seller. I just poped it out of the box and took pics.

Is that crank 'balanced' for your setup or the prev owner?
It might not work like you expect..

If it was lightened for H-beams and forged pistons, it might be way off.
Hope not.
E

Back