Magana559's Higher compression LS (maybe Nitrous)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Magana559

The Warden
Oh well the other high comp engine is a little bit smokey and has lost some power......still not bad for a cheap low budget build. in all do reality, the engine can still pull the teg to a low to mid 14 sec 1/4 mile.

This time around its going higher compression, the most aggressive LS cam they make, CTR piston, forged rods, full rebuild of the head, 3" SS exhaust......AND tuned on E85.

Forged rods

Exhaust...going to modify the fart cannon to make it fit into a stock oval muffler and make it into a straight pipe

Block

Cams......CROWER 405A big boy cams

That is all for now, just waiting on another car to sell to finish this build.....also waiting on my piston.

Oh and cant wait to run E85! ^_^

Giggle juice is da debil.

Magana will be getting all them weights and clearances on point.

Not sure what the juice will do to the set up though :rimshot:

Ha ha that was because the cam gears slipped frog! Now I have good shit....kind of Lol

IMG_20130911_150548_zps08409a33.jpg

Are those CTR pistons? They look a little too machined to be OEM.

In any case, don't use the clay method. It's not as accurate and takes longer.

Use dial indicators.

Put the motor at TDC cyl#1
Loosen your cam gear adjusters and move the intake cam until the intake valve(s)touches the piston
Mount your dial indicator securely to the head and put the needle on the end of the intake valve
Zero out the dial indicator
Back off the cam to your desired clearance
Note this cam position as your threshold to not go past.

Repeat for the exhaust cam
I believe that's the process I used for my motor.

Also with such large cams, it might not hurt to check valve-valve clearance. Though I know it's significantly harder to do, I don't recall the process. But I would at least look into it.

They are 82mm ctr ycp pistons being machined to fit on my eagle rods. Had all my notes written down from my last build but I lost them in the last two moves.
I have decided this time arround im rebuilding the whole head so this project might be sitting on the back burner for a while.

Things I still need are
Acl bearings
OEM upper gasket set
OEM lower gasket set
OEM gsr water pump
OEM/gates timing belt
RC 550cc injectors
70mm tb
Some nitrous (maybe)

82mm stock, one reason why im debating to squeeze or not to squeeze. That and I have seen many blocks doing just fine on 300+whp dd LS block.

Back