magnaflow exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Skydive2144

for my civic with a gsr motor swap i got a magnaflow muffler and a 12inch resonator. its a straight through muffler, and i am starting to realize this is probably going to be a lot louder then i was going for in the first place. the car already has 2 inch piping on it. if i want to keep this as quiet as possible what should i do. put the muffler on the 2 inch piping of get all 2.25 inch piping put on with the resonator and muffler. would it be better to get a better resonator?

The 2 inch piping will choke down your motor a little. If you're really concerned about sound, then ditch the strait through muffler and get something else, I had a magnaflow system on my old civic si, and while it sounded great, it was pretty loud. For mufflers look at an Apexi World Sport muffler. Also, this is kind of random, but a guy I know used a stock muffler from a 2001 eclipse gt v6 on his civic, and it worked well keeping the sound down and flowing well.

i also used a 2001eclipse on mine at one time but its not the sound i wanted just weld up all your stuff and if its to loud just get another resonator or a high flow cat

i used to do r&d for magnaflow what diameter is the core on the resonator and muffler also you can build a diffuser or the outlet to the muffler it will not hurt flow to much and will quiet it down alot.

high flow cats dont quiet your exhaust. i have a magnaflow setup with a ceramic high flow cat no res. and 2.5 inch piping, its loud as all hell. if you want performance with a little sound flowmasters are great. imho straight through mufflers are the way to go for the best performance.

Back