Main Bearins

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just called acura and they quoted me $12.71 for half a main bearing and $12.37 for half a rod bearing

10 x $12.71 = $127.10
8 x $12.37 = $98.96

($127.10 + $98.96) * 1.145 (tax) = $258.84 CDN funds

Yes, ACL bearings (last I heard) run ~$100 USD. This includes rods, mains, and thrust washers.

Again, I have seen no damage and no loss of oil pressure running the clearances that I am running. The engine has been alive for ~5500 miles.

i have heard about ACl bearings but have not heard any comparisons to HONDA. Are they better?

I don't think they are better, but they are not worse either. From what I hear they are quality bearings.

You should replace them. The ACL kit comes with thrust washers.

and they are standard size?

thjanks for alll the help man. its very tedious i know and i just want to get the fine details together

As far as I know they are a standard size. Acura does not list multiple sizes so I assume that they all take the same size. You might want to call your local dealer to confirm that.

No problem I know the feeling of wanting to make sure you get everything right before you dive into it.

Back