1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

main cap came lose??

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by mtxmatrixx, Jul 4, 2007.

1. mtxmatrixx

mtxmatrixx New Member

B18c .. after a new p30 head swap 4 days ago and a few rev of 8200 (widebanding the new head)...i my oil light came on at IDDLE 2 days ago so i stop the car and shut it off ,/....so i read up some threads and they guided me to the main bearings.. as soon as i took of my oil pan i see my #1 main cap completly off, the bolt broke the oil squirter and it took a small pice of the bottom skirt of the piston about a pinkie fingernail... and the #5 was also lose !!so i replace the squirter+ bearings on CAP 1 and ispected 5 and went tru all the caps verifing torke! i had the motor out 2 months ago and iknow i went true all the main caps twice..im concern that this happend .... can vivration make the torke come lose? i have rebuild 6 to8 b series and never had this problem...Has anybody have this happend 2 them ,,,... maybe someone hating on = losen a few bolts ( i did leave the bottom in a friends house after building it for 2 days...
  2. boostin4fun

boostin4fun Boosted ls/vtec ohh yeah!

Thats crazy, I have never seen that happen before. Someone probably messed with it after you left it there. If thats the case, thats really fucked up!!
Draft saved Draft deleted