main caps for b18a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ls/vtechatch91

i have a ??????..... i'm doing ls/vtec in my 91 hatch...... and im using a b18a1 block.... i bought the block from a guy off craigslist... anyways... i bought all new bearings.. and i was putting in my main bearings and i noticed that the main cap itself the little groove is in the middle not on the side like the block part does.... and my bearins as the groove on the side....can i still use it the way it is or do i have the wrong main caps.... i can take pictures if i you guys wanna see but let me know thanks

the bearings look normal, just make sure you have the correct size bearings FROM HONDA, otherwise they may not work correctly, there is a chart in your repair manual that will tell you how to determine the correct size bearings you should use, they are color coded. Using aftermarket bearings from advance auto or autozone, or pep boys are only 1 size, where honda has 5 or 6 different size standard bearings all different colors, all different thicknesses.

Back