Main Relay replace. still nothing :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-94-AccordH22

i replaced the main efi relay rz-088 or whatever the number is. and still the pump isnt turning on. so im pretty much out of ideas. 1 out of 2 fuses is getting power for that circuit and the pump wont "whir" when i turn the key. but i use a jumper wire and it turns on just fine.

your problem is inbetween the fuses somewhere then if its losing the power between them like that. follow the circuit till with a voltmeter and check it at every junction or w/e it goes, narrow down where your losing hte power. it sounds like its grounding out somewhere.

werd. it sucks to do, but thats really the only way to do it if your fuse keeps poppin.

tab...thank you. its about time someone understood my MAIN question. i wanted to know if i could hook the fuel pump to a switch with a fuse of course. and just look at the relay diagram and cut the relay and connect the wires that are switched "in the relay" or something similar.

and another thing. i moved my battery to my trunk using jegs kit. and now just a click comes from the starter. i think its cuz the battery has been dead for like 2 months. but i had my truck hooked up to it as a jumper. may also be becuase i have a positive going from battery to starter and another ring going from starter to fuse block. so the fuse block is still getting power but the starter is the bypass of the + side

sorry if it sounds confusing...i try

*update* i just wired my fuel pump to a toggle switch. IT WORKED. yay. its on a 15 amp fused circuit. and im going to run my optima on an industrial charger 2morrow and see if it is the battery not putting out enough to crank the starter

Last edited:
Back