Main Relay

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dain

Anybody know where I could find a main relay for a 1985 crx si? Will a relay from another fuel injected crx or civic work on it? Thanks!

-Ebay has a bunch of them for the 2nd gen crx but not the 1st, thats why I'm asking.

are you talking about the fuel pump relay (near the fuse box) or the alternator control module (left kick panel)?

abv.png

aae.png

-I mean either way the EF has a completely different electrical setup...but maybe this helps..?

Call a Honda dealer. You can also see from them if the ef part crosses over to your car.

Its the fuel pump relay. The manual just refer's to it as the main relay. I've called Napa, Autozone, O'Rielly's, Advanced and Napa none of them have it or can get it. I just called a Honda dealership and got the same results but they were able to get me the item number of it and told me to call Napa back with that item number to see if they could cross-reference it with something else, I was also told by them that there should be aftermarket relay's for this car but I haven't had any luck finding one. I guess if all else fails I could try to find one at a scrap yard.

Found one! I went to Napa and found an aftermarket one that matches. Has the same pinouts and item numbers, just a different manufacturer. Thanks the replies though :)

also remember if theres not enough fuel in the tank the pump wont work found that out the hard way chaseing other stuff. Thats some good info

Back