MAIN RELAY

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
okay some might remember this
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...topic=58024&hl=
and this
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...topic=61771&hl=

so after about 3-5 months of not wanting to look at the rex or even think about it....i got the fuel line fixed and the tank under the car...FINALLY FUCKING A!!!!!!11!!!

now to the post

the following are two main relays i have
one has been resoldered
and the other not
but neither work....the pump doesnt turn on and i get no spark....also the ecu light doesnt turn on....but the check engine light on the dash does.....

med_gallery_13158_501_192947.jpg

med_gallery_13158_501_9535.jpg

med_gallery_13158_501_301157.jpg

med_gallery_13158_501_358906.jpg

what the fuck could be the problem?????
i dont understand...what could i do....what kind of "shop" does electrical work :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

discuss.....

I had the same kinda problem with my Accord. If you turn the key all the way on(not cranking) and then back off really fast like 5-6 times. Then try to start it on the last time. Mine fired right up!

My car was flooded before and the relay was all rusty. This broke it free and its been working like a champ for a few months now. *Knock on wood*

well the second one looks FUCKED, but the first i dont see why it isnt working. youve got a lil build up, but nothing that would make the relay malfuction.

I had the same problem with my car about 2 weeks ago, MAke sure G101 is connected to the back of the block and is clean (ground that bolts to the thermostat housing) This is a major ground in the PGMFI system.
Have you hooked the relay right up to the batt to see if it clicks? I have a new one if you want it, just bought it for $85 from honda and found out that it wasn't the problem. I'll give it to you for $25 shipped.

okay....let me double check somethings and ILYK...but ill more than likely buy it just to have it

do you guys think the haranes could be fucked
are ther any other relays fuses i need/should check

is your ecu chipped? i had a problem like this in the mirage and it was the ZIF socket the rom sat on. remove the zif, and viola!

yes its chipped but ive tried a pr4 and another pr3 both oem

i think i am going to give up.....

how much would a complete , ef, lsv swap go for...including hasport harness and place racing mounts....sell for???

i miss my car :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr:

so with a volt meter i checked the plug on the distributer that has 2 wires one has 12v the other i did not check because i had no one to crank the engine...

i also checked the TPS and i got nothing from all wires...

one fuse in the inside box has 12v the others seem to be accesories and they work when the accesory is turned on...ie. headlamps

however the ecu plugs themselves have no current...from what i could tell

how can i check for burned wires? would i have to reemove the dash harness?

at this point, would it be worth $50hr for a shop to look at it...

You realize that you must connect an Ammeter in series if you want to measure current. To measure voltage connect it in parallel.

please explain....

when i tested the fuses i used both black and red tips....when i checked the plug i grounded the black and used the red on the wire/pin

Back