Major Charging Problem Help!!!!!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

elvis8310

OK, I did a B18b OBD2 into my 97 civic ex(it did not come with an engine). I am using the stock wiring harness for the v-tec engine on it. I have no charge so far since the install. I have replaced both the batterie and the alternator a few time to make sure I did not get bad ones. This has still not fixed it as of yet. I am thinking my wiring harness is bad. So I just bought a new factory Honda engine harness last night(not installed yet). The upper white wire on the alternator, is it possible for me tro run a wire from there to the batterie and not hurt the car(that should charge the batterie)? I have also cleaned and replaced all ground wires and bolts with factory Honda ones. Please give some ideas to were else to look and if the straight wire from alternaotr to batterie will work( yes alternator is sending 14.3 volts from that post).

Ok, did the wire during lunch and no change with it. I took off the negative cable and cleaned it again, no change. Would the ecu have anything to do with this? Come on people were else can I look to fix this problem.

Back