major ecu trouble , HELP,,, lol,,,, burnt it up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg95

chipped obd1 p06 to run b16b ,,,motor is obd2a ,,, 5speed ecu in 95 civic ex with ex wiring harness

IMG_1177.jpg

this is the back board if you directly above the 3rd screw you can see where it burned up,, here are some other pics

IMG_1176.jpg

below are the back of the pin solders,, the trouble pin is a20 . its for the evap purge control valve.

IMG_1175.jpg

this is the front of the board anyone know what this part of the board does? its q31 spot. this is the module on the board that burned up..

IMG_1172.jpg

anyone know what this plug is for?
IMG_1171.jpg

Last edited:
i am but i gotta find out why this one burned up,,,any thoughts? the trouble pin is the 4th one bottom row counting from right to left in the a module

IMG_1167.jpg
[/IMG]

If the wiring on the car is fine, the odds are that the socket job was done poorly or incorrect, and something shorted out. Did it EVER run the car, or just fry immediately?

I figured it out lol my dumb ass mixed up the plugs and shot straight batt power to the ecu , toasting the voltage regulators, guess u live and learn... Anyone gotta virgin p28 or p06?

Back