Major Lesson Learned.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlowRider

Wanted to share this just in case you ever find yourself here. I put in my swap and got it all done. B18B1 in a 94 Civic. So I turn the key and nothing. Shoot. I go out and try to figure it out. The starter is making a clicking noise when I turn the key. But it wouldnt turn the car over. So I thought the starter was bad so I took it out and brought it to the store wich is like 30 minutes from my house onl to find it was in perfect condition. Shoot. So I go home and put it back in. Nothing. Well I made my own harness out of a couple of old ones so I thought that my harness was wrong. So I got out the test light. Power was going threw the wire but nothing. Well lots of stress and hours of being pissed. I Narrowed it down to the Grounding Strap for the motor not being on.. Man all that for a stupid wire..Lesson learned make sure everything is in place before you finish. Just wanted to share this because you never know it might help someone some day.

Originally posted by SlowRider@Apr 17 2005, 07:10 PM
Wanted to share this just in case you ever find yourself here. I put in my swap and got it all done. B18B1 in a 94 Civic. So I turn the key and nothing. Shoot. I go out and try to figure it out. The starter is making a clicking noise when I turn the key. But it wouldnt turn the car over. So I thought the starter was bad so I took it out and brought it to the store wich is like 30 minutes from my house onl to find it was in perfect condition. Shoot. So I go home and put it back in. Nothing. Well I made my own harness out of a couple of old ones so I thought that my harness was wrong. So I got out the test light. Power was going threw the wire but nothing. Well lots of stress and hours of being pissed. I Narrowed it down to the Grounding Strap for the motor not being on.. Man all that for a stupid wire..Lesson learned make sure everything is in place before you finish. Just wanted to share this because you never know it might help someone some day.
[post=488063]Quoted post[/post]​

Dont feel bad man...It happens to everyone...shit It happened to me....LOL
Im glad you found the problem....NOw Go aHead aNd enjoy your new engine... :D

I'm actually glad you posted this. Cause when I pulled the trans I disconnected my chassis/trans ground. I think I put it back on, but pulled it off again when I tryed to mock up my IC pipes.

And yes, it happens to me everytime.

Back