1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major Problem, Need Help ASAP!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by haccord141, Dec 31, 2003.

1. haccord141

haccord141 Senior Member

OK hear it is

Last night i was driving up my street when my sport botton light started flashing, and i looked in my manual and it says, i possibly have a tranny malfunction, but I just had the tranny rebuilt, so that is under a warranty.

Hear is the real problem

This morning i am driving tomy friends and my odometer and trip odometer aren't working along with my speedometer, but the tach, fuel, and engine temp were working. Then I throw a check engine light, then all of the guages start working. Then the odometer and speedometer stop working. When I get to his house i backupin my parking spot, and the engine started idiling low, and started to bog out, i gave it some gas and it was ok, then i let it off and it almost died again.

What do you guys think, I have a 91 accord with 190,000 mile on her?

I was think new timing belt and regular tune up, but so much shit was wrong with the instrumentpanel.

Thanksin advance for all the posts!!

peace
    jeff

2. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

sounds like a problem with your tranny VSS maybe?(the speedo and od. issue) is it automatic? i guess it could cause the motor to bog..

3. haccord141

haccord141 Senior Member

car is auto

andi don't a friggin clue whats wrong with it

4. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

sounds much like the VSS. check that out first. what code did it give you? thats could also be a big help

5. haccord141

haccord141 Senior Member

VSS=??????

thanks guys

i have a 2 year warranty on the tranny so that mother fucking asshole will be hearing from me!!! <_<

6. tab

tab Super Moderator

Check your codes. In your passenger side panel behind your glovebox. VSS is the Vehicle Speed Sensor. Your tranny may not always trip the check engine light, but if you jump the service connector you will still get the appropriate code. Post that code here or look it up. BTW, VSS is code 17.

7. haccord141

haccord141 Senior Member

Yep thats what it is guys, thanks, now how much do they cost?

8. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

call the "stealership"... if its stil underwarranty, the place that did your trans should cover it. Just blame the prob on them :p

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted