Major Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haccord141

Ok everyone, i need to know how to stop popping my tires, well its not the tire but it is the valve stem that keeps on busting, my car is lowered, but i never had this problem when it was first lowered. I need help fast!!!

Thanks in advance.

Peace

Jeff

Hmm... I'm not an expert but there's a real half-ass way to get the car to ride lower that a lot of people try, they just cut their springs, which doesn't give good results. I just thought I should mention it, cause I've known 2 people who's vehicles suffered of the condition. :unsure:

Originally posted by HondaScythe@Oct 18 2003, 10:34 AM
Hmm... I'm not an expert but there's a real half-ass way to get the car to ride lower that a lot of people try, they just cut their springs, which doesn't give good results. I just thought I should mention it, cause I've known 2 people who's vehicles suffered of the condition. :unsure:

i have coilovers, i was just wondering if i should use metal stems, but the thing is discount tire says they can't put metal ones due to the fact that the wheel is not flat enough on the inside, i was wondering, if some one does make them for stock wheels, i don't have enough money for new rims at the moment. thanks in advance?

peace

Jeff

the way you lower your car has nothing to do with the valve stems...

I've had the same problem with my tires 3 times now Im not sure what causes that atlest its been around a year since it last happened

I used both metal and rubber stems both had the same problems

just keep replacing them and maybe you will get lucky as I said its happened 3 times to me in like 2-3 months and its been a year since it last happened

Jeff

Originally posted by jeffie7@Oct 18 2003, 11:47 AM
the way you lower your car has nothing to do with the valve stems...

I've had the same problem with my tires 3 times now Im not sure what causes that atlest its been around a year since it last happened

I used both metal and rubber stems both had the same problems

just keep replacing them and maybe you will get lucky as I said its happened 3 times to me in like 2-3 months and its been a year since it last happened

Jeff

thanks, well i thought it would be because i lowered my car, since the coil overs are stiffer i also upgraded to kyb gas shocks, but in vista, cali. The roads are shitty as F*CK and i hit alot of pot holes/dips/whatever, so i was thinking that it would put more pressure on the valve stem.

could the steam get ripped off by any of the body?
when does it happen? if its cornering it could be the body roll leans and its hits the steam rippin it off. i cant see y then stem would just blow off, tho if thats the case id say its a defective stem.

Originally posted by [spoon
,Oct 18 2003, 03:08 PM] could the steam get ripped off by any of the body?
when does it happen? if its cornering it could be the body roll leans and its hits the steam rippin it off. i cant see y then stem would just blow off, tho if thats the case id say its a defective stem.

when i looked at it, it was really close to the wheel, i think it happens due to the stiff suspension, it puts more pressure on the tires, therefore making the stem to rip open. Remember rip open not rip off!!!

Back