Major Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
hey everyone

ughhh, im so frustrated its not even funny. i attemped once again to replace my mounts. still no luck. im replacing my shitty mounts with the new HAsoprt ones. so i replace the engine bracket, and remove the front tranny mount, no prob. but then when i try to put on the drivers side mount, it doesnt line up, the engine is about 1/16 or 1/8 or 3/16th of an inch to far to the right.i try pushing the engine over, no luck. so i stat to think that maybe the tranny mount is restricting me, so i remove the old one. the new one was a lil tough getting on, but i got it done. but it still doesnt line up right. im trying to shove it over, but it wont budge. i think it wont move cuase ive got it up on jacks on the ground. but now heres my question, if i have to move the engine over, will it mess with my axles? i know its not moving alot but could this make the driver side axle pop out or push one too hard on the passenger side? and i think i need the rear engine bracket form an 90-93 integra (i know i NEED it, but i dont know if i currently have it or not). im just so frustrated that i cant do this, and now my car is in peices waiting for me to put it back together tomorrow. will i need new axles to put the hasports on? someone please help me out in any way. and if anyone by anychance has the rear engine bracket for a 90-93 integra and wouldnt mind letting it go for free (i have NO money), i would greatly appreciate it. im just hoping that this isnt a bigger task than i thought. [rant/] :angry: :angry: :angry:

the back bracket will only cost you like 20$ from the dealer...just don't eat for 2 days and go get it :D ...if your afraid to damage your axels then take them out...just start with the rear mount and bracket...go do the tranny mount...and then driver side mount...just put it all together and don't tighten anything until all mounts are lined up properly...that's the only i could think of on how to do it because you don't have any money to spend if you break something...better to waste time than money...but time is money so in your case you don't have anything lol j/p :p

thanks, i am gonna start at the rear mount next time, but i had another problem with the tranny mount, when i was putting it on the tranny since the engine is already in the car, i had NO room to tighten it down properly, couldnt get any kind of wrench in there. any ideas? but i am gonna try to get a cherry picker so the engine can move more freely inside the engine bay. i have no idea how to deal with axles, never done axles before, but about the rear bracket i know it would cost more than 20 bucks. i bought a bolt from those bastards for like 15 bucks, its madness, but i found someone that has one and im gettin it for under 20 bucks. thanks and i would still like to hear more advice on this matter.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 14 2003, 05:07 PM
thanks, i am gonna start at the rear mount next time, but i had another problem with the tranny mount, when i was putting it on the tranny since the engine is already in the car, i had NO room to tighten it down properly, couldnt get any kind of wrench in there. any ideas? but i am gonna try to get a cherry picker so the engine can move more freely inside the engine bay. i have no idea how to deal with axles, never done axles before, but about the rear bracket i know it would cost more than 20 bucks. i bought a bolt from those bastards for like 15 bucks, its madness, but i found someone that has one and im gettin it for under 20 bucks. thanks and i would still like to hear more advice on this matter.

just get a big screwdriver and pop them out of the tranny...best bet is to just let them hang there...but not all the way to the ground...now get that cherry picker and you be happy you did...it would be easier for me to show you how to get the axles out of the knuckles rather than trying to explain it...just get the cherry picker and pretty much start over...that would be the safer way seeing as how your broke and can't afford to break anything just like me

You're going to need the motor undone to get the rear mount in.Raise your car and put a palet with a tire on it underneath it,then lower 9not all the way,just till the motor is rested on it) it unbolt all the mounts and put the rear one on first them you can move it as nescessary to get the others and raise it with your jack as needed.

Back