Major Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

WNYAccordLX

Just swapped the h22a1 w/ p13 in my 94 accord lx. I get terrible gas mileage, blow black smoke from exhaust, and it stutters alot from 1-4500rpm and a little from 4500 to redline. Vtec doesnt kick in. Anybody know what could cause this problem?

black/grey smoke is unburnt fuel. It's not uncommon for this to happen when an oxygen sensor goes bad. If the car thinks it's running lean, it richens the fuel to the point that it sends it out the tail pipe unburned. This also explains your bad gas mileage. I'd double check your wiring, or test the sensor. Plus, if you look in your accord manual, it will tell you how to check the computer for trouble codes. There is a two wire harness on the passenger side of the car. It's in the corner not far from the computer. Place a jumper between the two wires and count how many times the engine light blinks. Long live honda.......

Yep, we need to know if you're throwing codes first.

Also, did you switch pins A6 and A11 at the ECU? It's the O2 sensor and EGR valve...if those are switched, then your O2 sensor isn't functioning, and it means you won't have to replace the sensor.

I am throwing codes. 3,7,21,36. 3 is map, 7 is tps, 21 is vtec solonoid, and cant find out what 36 is for.

Back