Major UFC announcment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
The baddest motherfucker who ever lived IMO Royce Gracie (winner of UFC 1&2) comes out of retirment at age 39 to fight Matt Hughes (possibly the best welterweight in the sport) in may. I just got back into UFC, last time I follwed it UFC was all about Gracie, Tank Abbot, Pat Smith & Ken Shamrock

Here's the link
teh link

I can't wait, even if he is 39, Royce is the premire Gracie and could lock him into a submission at any second standing or on the ground.

CAN'T WAIT!! :worthy:

sorry to burst your bubble but this is like week old news :p

they were talking about it last week, or 2 weeks ago I can't remember, on that UFC special they showed where they showed the best of 2005 fights, then they had like 5 Live Fights afterwards.

Matt Hughes FTW!!! Just because he's younger, stronger, and he can grapple with the best of them.

didn't we just watch ken shamrock try to come out of retirement and get worked by Rich Franklin. I doubt this match goes 2 rounds. Matt Hughes has the title so it will be scheduled for 5 rounds. Gracie is old, just put up Hughes vs. Franklin. Nobody cares about anything else...period

I would like to see Georges Saint Pierre work Matt Hughes over though.

Didn't that french canadian pussy get his ass worked buy Hughes last year? If I remeber right Matt rolled out of a brazillian shoulder lock and put Pierre in an armbar

Quoted post[/post]]
didn't we just watch ken shamrock try to come out of retirement and get worked by Rich Franklin. I doubt this match goes 2 rounds. Matt Hughes has the title so it will be scheduled for 5 rounds. Gracie is old, just put up Hughes vs. Franklin. Nobody cares about anything else...period
Hughes and Franklin are in different weight classes.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

no, rich franklin moved up. they won't fight because they are friends

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Hughes is a Welterweight, Franklin is a Middleweight...

http://www.ufc.tv/index.cfm?fa=fighter.TitleHolders&cid=3

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

i understand that part. it was right before they coached "The Ultimate Fighter" that Rich Franklin changed weight classes. I'm pretty sure at least. I may be wrong. but i remember watching something on there that said they were both in the same class and just wouldn't fight because of there relationship as friends.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

i understand that part. it was right before they coached "The Ultimate Fighter" that Rich Franklin changed weight classes. I'm pretty sure at least. I may be wrong. but i remember watching something on there that said they were both in the same class and just wouldn't fight because of there relationship as friends.
oh well I don't know then. I guess Franklin put on some weight to go up a class because he is heavier now. IMO I think if they ever did fight, Franklin would win if they stood up the whole fight and Hughes would win if he brought it to the ground.

fyi royce isnt the premier gracie.

rickson is the gracie family champ :mrgreen:

and also i dont think it matters how old royce is, hes still a gracie. they are all considered the best jiu jitsu artists in the world. i dont care if hes 59, whoever he fights is gonna have a hell of a time.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
gracie owns

watch him take this tank ass

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=47...&q=royce+gracie
yeah, the Gracie family is fucking bad ass at grappling. but lets face it, Matt Hughes isn't a slouch and he definately isn't that big fat motherfucker.

The Gacie's are over-rated. It seems EVERYBODY and their mother trains with them . . yet these people get beat all the time.

I just hope its a good fight. . . . and although i hate matt huges, he is an excellent fighter.

Matt Huges will win.

How is Royce Gracie the baddest mother fucker? He's a tiny shit that submitted everyone because he was a good technical wrestler and came from a good technical wrestling family.

Ken Shamrock is a bad mother fucker.

i used to love ken shamrock, but hes just too old now.
last 2 fights of his ive seen he has been manhandled.

Quoted post[/post]]
i used to love ken shamrock, but hes just too old now.
last 2 fights of his ive seen he has been manhandled.

He got knocked out on the UFC fight that aired on Spike.

The Pride fight I watched him against some huge Asian lughead, he dominated the guy, beating the shit out of him and his body looked amazing like it was in tip top shape. Ken for some reason threw in the towel however, when he was beating the guy unconscious and the guy was just so thick that he couldn't be knocked out. I think Shamrock got so tired and was afraid of getting hurt that he had his towel thrown in, because he motioned when he was in the corner and leaning on the guy. It was a huge disappointment to see him give up when he clearly won the fight all the way.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
gracie owns

watch him take this tank ass

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=47...&q=royce+gracie
yeah, the Gracie family is fucking bad ass at grappling. but lets face it, Matt Hughes isn't a slouch and he definately isn't that big fat motherfucker.

The Gacie's are over-rated. It seems EVERYBODY and their mother trains with them . . yet these people get beat all the time.

I just hope its a good fight. . . . and although i hate matt huges, he is an excellent fighter.

Matt Huges will win.

Ever heard the quote often imitated never equaled?

The entire Washington Wizards squad practiced with Jordan and they suck, would you say the same about MJ?

Let me break it down for you 16-22 year olds who don't know what Royce was about

When Royce won UFC titles there were NO weight classes, when Royce went undefeted 3 UFC's in a row there were no rounds. Royce fought Shamrock to a 35 minute draw in UFC 7, let me say that agian UFC 7, Royce won UFC 1 & 2 (they were tounaments) and didn't even tie in a fight until 7. Royce has lost only one fight in his career (can someone tell me more about that, I honestly want to know who beat him). Lastly, the reason that Royce is always fighting "chumps" is because he makes them look like chumps...

I'm not saying Matt Hughes can't or even won't beat him, but to not give Royce Gracie your respect is like calling yourself interested in Soccer and not giving Pele respect, or claiming to be a fan of basketball and talking shit about mike. Royce Gracie was UFC before UFC knew what it was...

maybe that japanese guy whose called the gracie hunter? i remember him beating on of the because the gracie broke a bone and the brother threw in the towel. maybe im wrong. just read never seen any UFC or stuff like before.

Back