major wiring problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efcivic4dr

So me being the dumb ass that i aim decided to take on the task of rewiring a car. I know exactly where the problem is i believe. On the passanger side and the driver side there is a little whiteish colored box that you pin all the ground wires to and that bolts to the bay causding your ground. My problem is on the passanger side. I think a few of the wrong wires are crossed and is throwing things off. Like if i hit my break, the brights come on the right turn signal blinks. haha, not normal. So all i can think to do is un wrap everything and trace the wires to see where they go. Any one know of an easier way to figure out my problem? that would be wonderful. thanks

-Carl-

Hahahahaa!

I can't offer any help on this one. Wiring is almost a complete mystery to me.

I'd love to see you driving down the freeway at night like that, though. OMG, look out Iowa!

Lol wow guy thats tough. What kind of car are you working on and does it still have the original motor and harness? where did you do mods to the harness? You seem to be shorted to power on those other two circuits look at your diagram and see where the brake pedal switch power wire goes close to the headlights and turn signal wire that should be your area. This is going to be a fun problem.

Just did some thinking after reading your post again. If you think you have some wires crossed at your grounding spot that will not affect your wiring. Grounding is only grounding and as long as the ground is good you can ground anything anywhere. Your problem is somewhere on the power side of the circuit. Hope that helps.

Back