Make Your Own Clutch!!!!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well we will find out by the weekend!

im sooo interested in this.

sweet mother of god it's genius- why can't i think of cool crap like that? although to be honest, i'm not sure i would want to think about a saw blade pushing against my flywheel everytime i shift- he says it's stronger and everything, but i'm not sure his guestimate is the same as the R&D at the REAL clutch companies- some things are just best left to the pros-

:eek: :huh: The guy has put some thought into it I'll give him that, I am guessing it would work? I just don't know if it was worth all the work to find out if it will or not, saw blades are nice and strong, but i guess hes doing a lil R&D himself, and thats the only way we get sites like:

homemadeturbo.com

maybe im missing something here ... but he is estimating his price at $218 to make that
you could get the ACT for less
hell you could get it with the pressure plate for only a few dollars more

:shrug2:

Hi hi folks and its the end of this pointless clutch thread see ya!
party038.gif

:ban:, icy_wind is an idiot.

O and for the clutch part, I don' know if I would even think about using that, It just seems like somethign will go wrong.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Jan 29 2004, 01:32 PM
do you have many friends?

:nobreed:

How did that make sense Slammed90Lude? Do i have anyfriends :gives:?!?!?! Go buy a damn clutch. whos cares about making one, unless you in the buisness.
92civicb18b1 hating ass go somewhere. :fuckyou3:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 29 2004, 07:02 AM
maybe im missing something here ... but he is estimating his price at $218 to make that
you could get the ACT for less
hell you could get it with the pressure plate for only a few dollars more

:shrug2:

I think that his total includes the truck pressure plate and the labor for turning the flywheel and all. I think it is pretty ghetto fabed. I dont think it is worth the effort.

I might work as far an bolting up and the stregth, but what about balancing? I wouldn't trust it in my setup, but props for some serious figuring out. I think I'll stick to buying cluthes.

I pretty much agree with buying one, there not that much at all though i am really curious about this.

sounds like a great idea and all but I bet it vibrates like hell, unless he plans to balance it somehow. why reinvent the wheel

Back