Make Your Own Clutch!!!!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i dont thnk it will hold, BUT you have gottagive the guy some serious props, i mean good idea,, plus the only thing touching the flywheel will be the pucks as it is a 6 puck clutch, but i wonder if the saw blade can withold the heat...

they guy's on to something... but he needs to use something with a little more integrity.

all i know, is i'd feel much safer buying something considering i KNOW at least they know what they're doing. and i know for sure i don't. :)

This guy is a pioneer. You'll probably hear his name on SPIKE tv b4 long. If the saw blade is of any quality then it has been heat treated to resist warping. You'd be surprised how hot they can get. As for balancing, any high end machine shop or boat shop (propellers have to be balanced when weld repaired) should be able to balance the disc.

Depending on the types of rivets he uses, i think itll work out for him. As for using screws to secure the pads.... i wouldnt. I could see screw comming loose and fucking up everything.

OK- here's my explination...

It will work if he uses the iron rivets he talks about. The sawblade will encounter some heat, but more importantly, will encounter sheer loads. Lots of 'em. This is of little concern, though, as a way to counteract sheer loads is lots of surface area. He's got that. At 3mm thick of solid carbide steel, he could drill holes in it and it'll still work fine. Again- it all comes down to the rivets he uses. Iron rivets or don't even bother. I see little mention of a pressure plate, but to follow what I was saying about the 1200 clutch... I plan on buying two new OEM pressure plates and taking the diaphram out of one and using it to double up the other one. I'm going with a four puck disc, though, becuase 230 crank HP coming through a 170mm clutch disc is going to need all the help it can get.

Oh, and Icey Winds... you seriously need to shut the fuck up. I'm not a mod anymore, but I still hold your fate in my hands.

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Jan 29 2004, 10:27 PM
99 helens agree: icy winds.... :ufucktard:

99 helens also agree: the inventor is on to something. they just wouldn't buy it.

:withstupid: :werd: ......... :moon: for icy winds

Back