1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makeshift Camber Kit?????

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by vteclude22, Aug 3, 2007.

1. vteclude22

vteclude22 New Member

does anyone know on a 5th gen prelude if i can insert washers somewhere to make my camber less negative?? HELP!!!!! QUICK!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!

2. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

how about you just buy a camber kit

3. mizlude

mizlude New Member

what he said because f'n around with suspension you could get hurt of hurt some one else. I had a friend buy a cheap ebay camber kit and it broke going around a turn at 70 mph making his car flip 4 times.

4. boostedf22

boostedf22 dis is why im not

I spent 362 bux on my camber kit !!! Plus the 160 dollar alignment.

Damn that had to suck . I go over 100mph plus in curves. I do feel more safe now knowing I dont have an ebay camber kit.

5. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

i hope that you didnt buy something like the ingalls kit that pushes out the control arms. if you did be careful that the upper control arms do not slam into the upper fender wells and bend them.

you should have got something like this:

http://[​IMG]

6. n8zdogg

n8zdogg New Member

don't washer/makeshift anything - get a good camber kit. "Makeshift" is for body kits and other crap that's far less important than suspension components.

7. boostedf22

boostedf22 dis is why im not

Looks like it , just the ball joint for the front and a whole new rear upper control arm. I am looking through my reciepts trying to find the make ??

BTW . My upper control arms beat the shit out of the inner fender well. My car is slammed. Only when I hit a bump or something . I dont care though . Shit is like tuff like WHOA !!! lmao

8. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

You can adjust the rear camber on a lot of Honda cars by sticking some washers behind the upper control arm mount to shim it out a bit. The amount of washers you'll need will depend on how far your car is lowered. Also, I'd recommend investing in some fairly heavy grade washers and bolts. You'll probably need to buy a slightly longer bolt so that you can torque everything back to the factory spec even though you've stuck the washers in there.

I'd feel safe using the washer trick on the rear of the car. For the front though, I'd definitely invest in a decent quality camber kit.

Another important thing to consider is that you really need to get a good alignment after you install any aftermarket suspension components. Bad toe angles are what really eat up tires, more so often than camber issues anyway. My car is lowered on a Tokico suspension kit and I don't have any kind of aftermarket camber adjusters, I just got a good alignment done. I haven't noticed any funny tire wear at all, and the suspension has been on for about 3 months now.

9. vteclude22

vteclude22 New Member

Thanks

thanks for everyones help with that. I didn't use the makeshift camber kit idea. im going to get a good alignment.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted