Makin DX faster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRseX84

hey ok i got a 91 CRX DX and for now if i wana spice it up a tit could i throw a SI head on with the head exaust manifold, and intake manifold, now correct me if im wrong but arnt the injectors are diffrent on the SI? so i couldnt take those cuz i would have to rewire, i dont wana get that much into it.

you'll also want to use the following from the Si,

The ECU
injector resistor box
the injectors, intake manifold

you could also use a 92-95 Z6 head and use the p28 ecu injector resistor box, injectors and intake manifold and go vtec.

either way it won't cost that much, but I believe you can get just a tad nit more power w/ the Z6 head.

I might have forgotten some parts

ya i didnt wana get that much into it cuz in a year im swapin in a B18 LS that im rebuildin, but for now i found a SI head, wit the manifold for $50 so i was figuring that i could spice it up for now untill i drop the B18 in. is that possable to just throw those in just the manifolds and the head? and nothin else?

No, you absolutely have to change the wiring up some... your car is currently DPFI, meaning dual point fuel injection... you have two fuel injectors in your intake manifold just after the throttle body. The Si head is MPFI, and it has one injector per runner just before the intake valves. You have to add wires for the two extra injectors, and run an ECU that can control it. If you want to run the DX manifold/injectors so you don't have to rewire a bunch of stuff, just drop the Si cam into your DX head. The head castings are the same, and you would still get a slight performance increase.

so u got anything that u know of that i can do to the DX motor just bolt on quick stuff, cuz i dont wana get too much into it since im swapin the engine out.

dude just do the whole DPI-MPFI swap right now, as u said u ar edoing a b18a swap, so that will need the MPFI anyway, so may as well do it right now. its not that hard and u wont have to do it later.

thats a good point is ther any modification needed becides the injection wiring? and is everything else gona be a streight swap?

This is kinda like the Mini-me swap...except without VTEC! Lol...we did this swap alot up here...

The Si head and DX block is kinda over looked, especially the puny 1.5 that everyone just tends to through away. When i completed this swap, it took me a month btw just to let you know, and this was my FIRST swap, i was very pleased with the outcome. Yes you're going to need get resistor boxes and all that stated above when you do this swap. Get a SI tranny too!!! Very important...unless you want long gearings for turbo or something. Anyways...wiring was what i had problems with...I just hated it, wish i had an Si to start with. LOL.

Other then that it should be a straight forward swap... Good luck! :thumbsup:

Back