making 1.6 to 2.0

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmEF9

ok i was looking at some stroker kits but i dont have the money to spend on that i rather do it a different way..now i would do b20 and build that but i only spent 2gs on the car and it came with a new complete b16 sitting next to it..what are some ways i can make it a 2.0 and still have as a daliy driver on pump gas..plus im ion a budget right now

because more displacement > less displacement

and...

more displacement = more torque

Yuu can sell the B16 and pick up a b20 long block... you might want to keep your intake manifold though because some of the B20s come with a manifold that will interfere with your hood.

just take a b20 block, put the PR3 head and keep the tranny, I am assuming you have a Si tranny, cheapest way,

my .02

Originally posted by Steve EF Hatch@Mar 3 2004, 10:04 PM
why do you want 2.0? If you build it right youo can get hella power out of b16

Yeah, and you'll spend hella cash to get hella powah outta da hella tiny hella whiny hella underpowered B16... hella more cash than you would spend on the hella cheap B20 bottom end with some hella high compression pistons.

<_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

Originally posted by Calesta+Mar 4 2004, 12:06 AM-->
Steve EF Hatch
@Mar 3 2004, 10:04 PM

Yeah, and you'll spend hella cash to get hella powah outta da hella tiny hella whiny hella underpowered B16... hella more cash than you would spend on the hella cheap B20 bottom end with some hella high compression pistons.

<_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

thats alot of hella's there, Are you from nor-cal

hella annoying and thats why we be usin hella lota hellas lately y0.

but seriosuly,

a stroker kit = mad loot. and you're NOT going to hit 2.0L without a 3" deckplate. and that = even more hella loot.

just buy a b20 bottom end. you can get one for like 3-400 bucks. then performa the cr/vtec steps

Originally posted by jdmEF9+Mar 5 2004, 03:47 AM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 4 2004, 12:06 AM
Steve EF Hatch
@Mar 3 2004, 10:04 PM

<_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

thats alot of hella's there, Are you from nor-cal

Ehhhhh............ :no:

well since stroker kit is out of the question whats the best way for me to get more power out of this b16 n/a tuned? what cams,gears,pistons,etc

A little help plz

i have a 88 crx with a 1.6 i have been debating between a turbo, or a 2.0 swap.

1st were can i get a 2.0:confused:

2nd how hard is it to put in, do i have to do alot of changing and rearanging.:confused:

3rd how much do you think a 2.0 will cost.:confused:

1. 96-00 CR-V B20B/B20Z blocks
2. Need a mount kit, brackets for power steering and AC if you want to keep them, axles, transmission etc.
3. Probably $2000-3000 properly installed if you take it to someone and you're lucky- less if you do it yourself.

You'll get more power and torque from a good junkyard turbo setup on the 1.6 than you will from a straight B20 swap.

Back