making an ITR header fit better on a B16 DA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cycloneb18c3

Ok I have a JDM ITR header, with the 2.5 inch outlet. its on a B16 in a 91 Integra.
when its on my car, it hangs about 1 1/2 off the ground. every little bump i hit it scrapes.
So Ive got it off and I want to cut the header tubes cut a little bit out and make them shorter, so it will fit better.
Ive got my brothers neighbor who is an excellent welder(welds for a living), so I do not have to worry about the welding end of it. he told me to get it to the right length and he'll weld it.

Now my only question is how much do I cut out?

I have absolutly no money so getting another header is out of the question.

ouch. . . you wanna cut an itr header??? i think you only have to cut off like 1 or 2 cm, because the difference in deck heights between an itr bottom end and a b16 bottom end is something like 11mm. . . i hope this helps, im not 100% sure on the deck heights so you might wanna look up on that.

IMO, just sell the ITR and a just go get a 4-1 header for a b16. It hangs that low because the b18 blocks are physically taller than the b16 blocks. I got a 4-1 on my B16 in my CRX and it's still sits too low because of the design itself. I can only imagine how low the header would of been if I got one for a B18.

If it were me and the scraping bothered me that much, I would sell the ITR header and get the 4-2-1 Header that HaSport makes.

ok well for now I decided to put the stock B16 header on and get the cat cut and extended so it'll bolt up.
I put the ITR header on there(really isnt an ITR header its a JDM powercore 4-1 header with the 2.5 inch outlet) and there really wasnt more then 1/2-3/4 of an inch to really work with and that would put the header against the oil pan. I dont think 3/4 of an inch is going to make a difference in clearance.
its the 4-1 design what kills it.
4 pipes under the motor vs. 2.
I guess Im gonna sell the 4-1 one. Anyone want it? lol has no flange on it, but it does have a flex pipe welded to it. all stainless. minor scrapes at bend(no holes, or dents)

I guess I should post this in the F/S section
ive never really sold anything online before.

Back