making my own diy website with forums

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

as the title says i am making a website dedicated to diy write ups on civics. basically i going around to most honda forums and hijack with permission of author of diy's that are good and informative. right now am am trying to decide how big of server to get any suggestions would be great.

sounds like a good plan bro. id say get a mid-range amount of bandwidth until your site grows for now.

and why just Civics??

more people do stuff to civics and i thought it would be easier to gather info and diys just for one line then a whole bunch

i just want to know what would be a good monthly transfer rate to have...... i lookin at a server that has a monthly transfer rate of 100 gigs a month, i dont think thats enough but then againt it might be more tehn enough which is good.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Oct 21 2004, 07:05 PM
do Civics and Integras :)
[post=405885]Quoted post[/post]​

lol... most things you can do to a civic can be done for tegy's

Hmm. We've already got one- it's called Civicland.

http://www.civicland.com

Go join up and do some work, then try to get on to the staff. The site can always use an infusion of talented people.

Oh wow... this is the first time in like- 2 years that the site has timed out. I'll contact Eric and see what's going on.

mainly i going to have a huge list of simple diy's in a directory. the forums wont be a large part of the website. i know everyone is sick of stupid questions like how do i put on a cai, how do i take my bumper off and how do i take my speakers out.... etc. plus i want a site to host my own pics so i dont have to use anyone eles site to host.

Ok, go for it then. Just get a simple service- something like 100MB of storage with 2-3GB per month of bandwidth. If you start going over, upgrade to a new plan but make sure you've got the income to pay for it.

Oh yeah, Civicland is back up now.

wow, civicland has a good amount of diy's. it didn't have the one that people hate seeing tho

early next year i will have a large write up on how to tune your car with uberdata. so far my friends and i have done one car and we are kinda getting use to it and learning how to tun better

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 21 2004, 08:32 PM
start-up, expect 3gb a month
seriously.

we use 35-55gb a month here.
nissan tech uses like 1
[post=405932]Quoted post[/post]​

i thought it would be more then enough..... oh well :D

Back