Man Mauled By Chimps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
"When we made eye contact, the charge was on," LaDonna Davis said. "There was no stopping anything, and the big chimp came around from behind me and pushed me into my husband. The male came around from behind and chomped off my thumb. ... My husband must have realized we were in deep trouble because he pushed me backward. At that time, they both went for him."

St. James Davis, 62, lost all the fingers from both hands, an eye, part of his nose, cheek, lips and part of his buttocks in the ferocious attack, his wife said over the weekend on NBC's "Today Show." She also said one of his feet was mutilated. A Kern County Sheriff's commander also said his genitals were mauled.

holy damn... thats fuckin crazy

when animals get hungry

The Davises were visiting the sanctuary to celebrate the birthday of Moe — a 39-year-old chimpanzee who was taken from their home in West Covina, a Los Angeles suburb, after biting off part of a woman's finger in 1999.

Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me.

That's what monkeys and apes do. They bite or rip off anything they can get their jaws around.

damn... them's fuckin crazy...
note to self: never look a chimp/ape in the eye, it WILL fuck you up... BADLY...

Indeed they will. There's an interesting story about a band of chimps in this one region of Africa that hunt human babies. But that's another post.

She also said one of his feet was mutilated.

lmao i guess he had the same idea as you hcivic

anyone know what these things weigh, and what sorta strength they have?
i;m guessing they have pretty fucking strong jaws... damn

Tonight on Fight Night

HCivic Vs. a rabid monkey.

I predict a 1st round knockout by the monkey.

I read that shit on rotten.com's daily rotten news. As for their strength I think I saw on discovery or something that most simians or apes whatever..... Have like twice the power of a human slightly larger than them at the least. So even though that thing was 75lbs it probably had the strength of a 150-160lb human that lifts constantly. So I would guess that means they could easily manhandle most people since they are incredibly agile. On a side note, it seems the smaller apes and stuff are more likely to attack. It's like they have a small man's complex or something and have to show people how badass they are. Gorillas on the otherhand almost never attack, even each other. For dominance they simply shake trees and yell at each other until someone backs down. Kinda odd, but I guess otherwise we would have seen clips of silverbacks brawling by now.

Yeah West Covina (where the people who got attacked are from) is like 1 mile away from me. I remember driving by their house a number of times with their big "Free Moe" signs when he got taken away.

But, it wasn't "Moe" who attacked them, it was two other apes that were in a neighboring cage that got loose. I was wondering if Moe told them, "look there are the people who treated me like shit and kept me in an improper enviornment" and then the apes handled bussiness.

Also, I was watching this on the local news a few mornings ago, and they said that THE MANS' TESTICLES WERE FOUND A COUPLE HOURS AFTER THE ATTACK AND OVER 100FT AWAY FROM THE ATTACK SITE.

chimps are VERY strong. their muscle density is way more dense then ours. something like 50% more if i remember right. they look small and fraile but they are strong.

Originally posted by Blanco@Mar 7 2005, 11:16 PM
That's why you don't look an animal directly in the eyes, it's a sign of aggression.
[post=470518]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: ...any animal will attack when your stare in their eyes. even humans.

Originally posted by civicious@Mar 7 2005, 07:18 PM
The Davises were visiting the sanctuary to celebrate the birthday of Moe — a 39-year-old chimpanzee who was taken from their home in West Covina, a Los Angeles suburb, after biting off part of a woman's finger in 1999.

Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me.
[post=470438]Quoted post[/post]​

hahahahahahaha

this puts a whole new meaning to the gangs with chimps and apes as pets on chains...
damn

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Mar 7 2005, 04:38 PM
Indeed they will. There's an interesting story about a band of chimps in this one region of Africa that hunt human babies. But that's another post.
[post=470447]Quoted post[/post]​

I went back over my sources on this so here we go.

I guess in eastern africa somewhere there's this band of chimps that were studied for awhile because of their odd behavior. Children and babies started disappearing from villages. Apparently once a month or so, this band of chimps would get about 4 or 5 males together and go find a village. Once there they would sneak in and steal a baby or a small child, drag it (usually) just to the edge of the jungle, and eat it alive. Nobody messes with them because they think they're demons or some shit. Africa's crazy.

Back