Man vs. Wild a fake??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well put Blanco. I too like both shows. I would love to see MvW bloopers where he wasn't able to make it, I know there must be some out there. :) Bear is a fuckin animal.

Thanks. :)

Bloopers would be the shit! I want to see him hurl from some of the absolutely disgusting shit (sometimes literally!) he ingests. :D
He did in the Costa Rica one where he drank the bad water. He was up all night puking.

Yes, the sheeps eye was freakin nasty!

Chris Rock:"those bears didn't go crazy, those bears went wild fucking bear". hahaha
Are you sure you're quoting that correctly? or are you talking about... Chris Rock: "Sigfried and Roy, the tiger bit the man in the head. Everyone says the Tiger went crazy, that tiger ain't go crazy, that tiger went tiger!":ph34r:

The way he eats fish sometimes reminds me of Gollum. :D
LOL, totally, like when he was in the french alps. My wife hates it when he eats living fish. haha

Survivorman is very real. He knows alot about the woods, but isn't an "expert". And he is more than willing to admit when he is wrong. Like a jungle episode I watched a couple of nights ago.. He comes up to this vine and says "this is a blah blah blah vine! Great for getting water!" He proceeds to chop at the vine with his knife as a monkey overhead tosses random obects at him. He looks up at the monkey and hacks through the vine, right into his finger, hit the bone, and said "that was stupid!" and then looks at the vine and says "and pointless.. that vine is too small to give any water.. God that was stupid"

Bear on the other hand, would have crawled up the vine and ate the monkey raw. Bear has alot more knowledge and survival skill, and is much, much better to watch on TV.

Yes, its TV and both of them have been cought cheating. Yes, survivorman carries his own camera equipment and cries about it all the time. But he also has a "support crew" that follow him everywhere. Just like Bear. I'm sure its a safety precaution, and an insurance requirement, but don't think for a second that either of these guys are really alone and really surviving in the rough. Could they? From what I've seen, absolutely.

If you dumped them both in the jungle, I do believe bear would have a much better chance at survival than survivorman. But, there again, it could be the editing of the show. Bear's crew rarely shows his mistakes, survivorman's crew shows everything.

Still, bear gets my vote.

Are you sure you're quoting that correctly? or are you talking about... Chris Rock: "Sigfried and Roy, the tiger bit the man in the head. Everyone says the Tiger went crazy, that tiger ain't go crazy, that tiger went tiger!":ph34r:
yeah, i was referring to that, but added my own flavor to it. the chris rock reference was just for tone.

I like both shows for what they are.

On the flipside of your argument, the fact that Bear has help available lets him show you how to do things that Les can't. I mean, who the fuck jumps off a glacier just to show you how a snow anchor works or jumps into quicksand/a rancid bog to show you how to get out? To me, they're both sides of the same coin.
Good point, they both have different things to offer.

Back