Manifolds: Ramhorn vs. Log vs. Cast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IDK if this is a big deal to you or not but consider the new positioning/clocking of your turbo when you change manifolds. Your current piping off the cold side might not fit properly anymore depending on where the new manifold has the turbo sitting... Just something to ponder :)

IDK if this is a big deal to you or not but consider the new positioning/clocking of your turbo when you change manifolds. Your current piping off the cold side might not fit properly anymore depending on where the new manifold has the turbo sitting... Just something to ponder :)

I know. Already thought of it, but thanks anyways man. When i get the new manifold im gonna have someone weld a "Back door" setup on my intercooler and run it straight that way on the cold side. So no biggy. I will however, need a new downpipe.

If anyone has a manifold, be it log; cast or; ramhorn that has been painted/ poilished and even previous manifolds you had that cracked. I wanna see pictures. :)

Just out of curiosity have u ever thought of a side mount setup up, from what ive read its pretty effecient due to the fact it gets the turbo a little farther awy from the engine which helps get rid of some heat soak after you turn the engine off. Which of course help keep the oil from cooking which can also increase turbo life expectancy. Just a thought.

Just out of curiosity have u ever thought of a side mount setup up, from what ive read its pretty effecient due to the fact it gets the turbo a little farther awy from the engine which helps get rid of some heat soak after you turn the engine off. Which of course help keep the oil from cooking which can also increase turbo life expectancy. Just a thought.

Hmm. No i never thought about it. But i dont know if i would have the room for a side mount.. Can you show me an example of what you mean? Maybe if you can find on in a CRX just so i can get an idea.. Thanks!

Those wouldn't be the reasons to get a side mount....

Go look at LoveFab's web site. He does side mounts.

I'm intrigued by the cast top mount. I've always thought those were cool.

I'm intrigued by the cast top mount. I've always thought those were cool.

So am i!, wouldnt it make you double take to see a CRX with the housing of a turbo sticking through the hood. I would think there was something mean under the hood.., that or just something so ghetto. Either way.

Back