manifolds

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Iron 1

ebay
curious to see if anyone has seen/heard/used these products before...

Yeah, its called don't buy it. Hahaha Naw, just strenthen the welds on it! I'm not going to take the chance tho, I want rev-hard.

its not even the welds that crack- its the thin ass material they made it with.

don't watste your money dude. it looks prety, but it still doesn't flow anybetter than a logstyle

I'm curious... has anyone actually bought one of these things and had it crack, or are we just talking our our asses because they're so inexpensive? I'm tempted to buy one and fatigue test it to see how long it'd last...

Hey Iron1, wanna be the guinea pig? Buy the manifold and put it on your car and I'll fab up some bracing and fix it if/ when it cracks.

That would be fun, a consumer reports for turbo hondas. I think it would be great to see just how much stress different parts could take. I just have to get the motor together and break it in. then collect all of the turbo parts. I am thinking a 9:1 compression b18a, with a sc61. I will convert to obd1 and run the hondata s200b with nitrous. this is going to be a busy winter!

There have been people that have had them crack, and there are people that are successfully using them. The problem with them is not the weak material that causes them to crack... It cracks at the weld joints because of the stress.. I own one of these manifolds... I bolted my turbo to this manifold, and said to myself "NO SHIT These things crack! If i had this much weight hangin off my nutsack at 1300 degrees i'd crack too!" Its the stress of the weight that cracks them... That is why they need support...

The OEM Header uses supports because of its weight... not as much because of cracking issues, but more because if it didnt have that support, it could stretch itself away from the head and cause leaks.

so loco it sounds like all we should do is fab up a couple of brackets, sit back and wait... I just need to get all of the parts!

Back