Manual conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drifter_sol

Does anyone know any site that tells me how to convert an auto tranny to manual?

You will need this: 5speedECU,shiftlinkage,5spd tranny, shiftlinkage, pedal box, hydrolines/cable.

Your better off selling your ride and buying the same thing, reason being is bc manual is cheaper and you save money by doing it instead of paying more.

Trust the people that know. :)

Milan

it can be done i am almost done yet another swap and i took pics this time so i will post in less than a week

instead of taking out the whole gas and brake pedal assembly you can just change the brake pedal with the smaller one. hell of alot easier IMO.

no it's not. my clutch pedal wasn't attached to the brake/gas pedal. all you have to do is take the cotter pin out of the top of the brake pedal and put the smaller one on.

Originally posted by jeffsciv23@Jul 28 2003, 07:25 PM
no it's not. my clutch pedal wasn't attached to the brake/gas pedal. all you have to do is take the cotter pin out of the top of the brake pedal and put the smaller one on.

So you can just go to the junk yard and get the clutch pedal? I thought the clutch pedal, brake pedal, and gas pedal were all one assembly? Can anyone verify that??

No they are not one piece, they are 2. The clutch and brake/gas pedals are 2 diff. parts. And yes you can just remove the cotter pin and bolts to remove the brake pedal that way you just have to add the clutch pedal assy. And no need to lower the steering wheel. The brake/gas pedals can be worked up there it just takes time. Thats why most just swap the brake pedal out.
I would say the whole auto to manual swap takes about 6 hours.

Back