Manual to Auto Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88bluehf

ok so here it goes....my fiance loves del sols but we are unable to locate an automatic one for her. We found a great deal on a 93 si with a 5 speed and i have an automatic transmission from a 97del sol.. i know im gonna need an automatic radiator,shift cable,computer,oil cooler lines,passenger side tranny mount, shifter and new console and various other assorted crap...my question is the wiring...theres only two wires on the auto tranny for the lockup solenoid valve but i have no clue as to where they hook up at.secondly the automatic has the shift lock, and key lock built in(for idiots who would like to shift out of park without the brake on) do i have to hook up the lock stuff? or is it not an integral part of the system?any help would be much appreciated...

the key lock is not part of the integral system of the car. it is very simple to bypass the lock if you were going from an auto to manual but in your case you can run the two shift lock wires to the automatic shifter assembly and it will work just fine. I forgot the 2 wire colors but if you search youd be able to find it. if you havent got your parts yet, i have d15 with an auto, the mounts, ecu, shifter assembly and the cable wire that runs from the shifter to the tranny all from a 95 civic.. not sure if it would fit though.

Please do not get into this swap it is absolutely not worth the extreme difficulties this is going to bring. Not to say you cant do it but the whole under dash wiring would have to be changed. Complete new harness. Please dont get into it

Originally posted by MXDesa@Aug 8 2004, 09:57 PM
Please do not get into this swap it is absolutely not worth the extreme difficulties this is going to bring. Not to say you cant do it but the whole under dash wiring would have to be changed. Complete new harness. Please dont get into it
[post=374135]Quoted post[/post]​

There is going to be SO much wiring involved. It is SOOOO not worth it. Teach her how to drive a stick. Its not hard at all.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Aug 8 2004, 08:23 PM-->
@Aug 8 2004, 09:57 PM
Please do not get into this swap it is absolutely not worth the extreme difficulties this is going to bring.  Not to say you cant do it but the whole under dash wiring would have to be changed.  Complete new harness.  Please dont get into it
[post=374135]Quoted post[/post]​

There is going to be SO much wiring involved. It is SOOOO not worth it. Teach her how to drive a stick. Its not hard at all.
[post=374150]Quoted post[/post]​

this i know....lol....but she refuses to learn a stick...so i get the shit end of the deal...it would be nice if honda made alot of del sols in auto but they didnt...i want to find out as much info as i can because i think i can avoid wiring up the shift indicators in the gauges as well as all "dummy driver" stuff i.e. key lock,shift lock..thanks for your replies so far

they made them in auto.. i dated a girl that had one. look harder.. just because she's stuborn doesn't mean you gotta go off and do something stupid like that..

if she likes them that much she'll learn

you're looking at over 2k in parts and labor beyond belief.

if she refuses to learn stick, let the car sit. eventually she will get bored of sitting at home and will want to go drive :)

Back