CA manual tranny wanted 89 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gottadog

my tranny needs rebuilding or replacing so i'm hoping for a used one in good condition. i dont care if its an si or lx tranny. just not a 4spd.

mine has a bad bearing and first and second have gotten harder and harder to get into gear over the years and the input shaft seal leaks BAD.when i did my clutch a few months ago the tranny shifted perfect again with new honda mtf and a month later its back to how it was.

anyway the clutch failed and it was warrantied. so the tranny is out and i dont want to install it just to pull it again.

thanks guys.
dario
sacramento ca

Last edited:
i have a 91 dx tranny in good running condition. hasnt been used since i took out the dx engine about 6 months ago $130 shipped (or best offer let me know so we can work something out)

i have a 91 dx tranny in good running condition. hasnt been used since i took out the dx engine about 6 months ago $130 shipped (or best offer let me know so we can work something out)

what is the difference between the tranny in my lx and the dx. are they the same gearing? how many miles on it? bearing noise, is the bell wet or gunked up.

for now i am installing my old tranny just to get me around. wish i hadn't sold my second car now :eek:.

Last edited:
i did research and there is no differance in si and a dx trans the only diff is on the 4 speed trans the gear ratios on the si are the same as a dx if u dont belive me look it up i was unhappy when i found out cause i looked for a si trans for so long and it was the same as my dx the tranny ratios didnt change till 92 then the si was shorter gear ratios then a dx

oh ok. on another forum before this problem happened i was told to get a 92 and up tranny and a mount adapter from hasport.

bet thats why i was told that.

yea cause they have a shorter gear ration and the shift forks r better in them if ur going to beating on it i would get a 92 and up si trans but if ur not just save urself money and get a 88- 91 trans

most likely. i just dont need the tranny anymore and i rather not let it sit around much longer so just let me know whats up

how many miles, bearing noise? input seal condition?

how do ship big stuff like a tranny? would it be cheaper if i gave a buisness addy? i can get things mailed to a tow truck company i worked for.

i dont need another tranny that is the same as the one i've got. so if your not sure then i'll pass.

thanks

Last edited:
b/t 130-140k miles and last time i remember driving it, it didnt have any bearing noise or anything wrong with it. ill have to look at it tomorrow and post up pics then cuz its at my shop and im at home about to go to bed lol i usually just go through ups for shipping and yea i think its cheaper to a business address ill find out tomorrow and post up the new price if shipping changes might be cheaper

i got a tranny out of a 91 hatch shifts really smooth no weird nosies im just partin it out oh and its only got about 110,000 on it let me know if u want it and let me know where u want it shipped so i can get u quote

hi there, i would want it shipped to
Carriage Tow
6835 26th St
Rio Linda, CA 95673

that is a business address from an old job. they will let me ship things there.

Back