map sensor firewall/tb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cycloneb18c3

I have 91 integra- map sensor is on firewall
I want to get a new throttle body and it comes with a new map sensor on the throttle body(obd1+) can i just extend my wires over and plug into this one, or is the wiring different.

I want a bigger one. 70mm. so a map sensor on a Throttle body is the same wiring wise as my integra and my integra one will plug in and have no problems with it?
mines all corroded and shit anyway-looks like crap.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Mar 13 2004, 11:36 PM
so a map sensor on a Throttle body is the same wiring wise as my integra and my integra one will plug in and have no problems with it?

wires will extend over fine, but it won't fit on the throttle body properly, you have to get the obd 1 map thats sits ontop of the tb

yea thats what I meant. the throttle body is made for a 94 del sol si, and it comes with a new map sensor, Im not trying to use the stock integra one.
just wondering if the map sensors are interchangable between obd systems

I bought an str 70mm TB, you just undo the factory harness and the wires should be long enough. Just rewrap them, you can use a map off a crx hf. For a bit i just got an airline fiting and put it in the TB and ran a longer vacume line. Eithier way it works fine. I got an extra hf map if you need one?

does it have to be obd0 map sensor or will anyone off a obd-1 car work? if an obd-1 map sensor will work(they are are all on tb) i have one. whats the difference of the HF sensor?

You can tottally use the OBD1 top mounted map sensor in your OBD0 vehicle. Just extend the OBD0 map sensor plug (if necessary), plug it into the OBD1 map sensor and be done.

Using the OBD1 TB & MAP sensor eliminates the need to use the OBD0 map sensor as a whole.

try it out and report back =)

Back