MAP Sensor Wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP
So my 92' Civic did not come wired for the MAP sensor. My D15b is running fine other than throwing a code 5(MAP Sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure)
mechanical problem / disconnected piping). For some reason the radiator fan is also not turning on.

The MAP sensor I need to wire in has three wires a Yellow/Red, Green/White, and a White wire. I know that the Yellow/Red wire runs to D15(Intake Air Temp), the Green/White wire runs to D22(Sensor Ground) and the White wire runs to D17(MAP Sensor).

Can I use different wires out of the spare harness I have?
Is my MAP sensor not being hooked up causing my radiator fan to not turn on?
I'm only throwing a code 5. After about 10 minutes of running a little bit of steam starts coming from the radiator. I'm assuming this is because my fan isn't coming on.

Yea, I found it. It's not the same type of MAP sensor as the D15b though and it has different wires running to it. I'm not really sure what to do...

what color are the wires running to it, and is it the same # of wires for both MAP sensors?

Got it worked out, I forgot to reset the ECU by unplugging the battery. It runs well now. No codes.

Back