1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Map/ TPS killer??

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by ryangt, Jan 3, 2005.

1. ryangt

ryangt Senior Member

can a crapped out map or tps sensor make a car cease running? i suspect mine is bad because there is a burnt wire comming off the Map on my 91 crx so i was just looking for one more reason why it could be dead
    thanks

2. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

Mine ran without the tps, definetly did not run as good, but it ran. If it is disabled the computer has a preprogrammed set of instructions to use when it does not work. If the wire is burnt, run a new wire from the sensor to the computer. The map sensor I am not sure, the combination of the two not working could maybe do it.

3. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Yeeeeeeah....burnt map sensor = bad. Fix that shit.

4. ryangt

ryangt Senior Member

maybe it wouldnt kill the stock motor but this car has an ls swap done would that even matter? whats the best way to fix it? the non ghetto way

5. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

You can use a ohm meter to figure out if the wire is bad, just tap into the wire harness where the map sensor is, and find that wire next to the computer. If there is continuity, your good. If there is none, then get some extra wire and run a new one over.

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

neither of the sensors are misson-critical. the car will run. it will run liek dog shit, but ti will fire up and run.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted