March 12th, 2005....First Slide @ E-town

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Rumor is that on the 26th...yes...A SATURDAY.......@ 9:00 AM...E-town in NJ is opening up, and the guys from DGTrials.com is holding the first slide of the year event....

I'm going to verify that rumor tommorrow...but if it's true...then a mad rush to get the Z ready will conspire this week...and all that's needed to be done is to swap some tires around, bleed the clutch system, and work out some fuel delivery problems..the install the Sparco seat, and get a harness...and I'll be slideable this year....

another rumor is....that E-town raised the price from $25 to $50 for the drivers this year...still not a bad price for whats going on...and that just means that the ones who can afford it...will just get some more seat time.....which I really need.

and...I'm going to talk to the guys at DGTA to see if they can implement the Gymkanna events into the same slide coarse...so even the FWD cars can have some fun and seat time...and that also means.....a very fun autocross practice...

THIS YEAR IS GOING ROCK......

I spent all last season to get ready for the season....and now I'll have something to look forward too.....hehe

Rumor controll

;) :ph34r: :p

Time to put the Z on the road...I've worked all winter..and it's time for a day off...

I'm thinking about leaveing my house around 6:00-6:30....

and as always...if some guys want to meet up and chill over night here, and wake up and go in the morning...that's cool...chip in for some food and beer, and we can party the night before and prep the cars..

And B...we do ne the PR this year...I'm looking for a sponcer. :)

sweet i'm glad its rescheduled, the tire search continues. Hopefully it will be a little warmer on march 5th too.

Got the Z's fuel problem, Stumbling Problem, and shifting problem fixed...it DRIVES AGAIN.....

until I got somewhere...and the starter died on me...

So now...I got to get another starter, and see if I'll have time to swap the diff or the whole rear....if not...then I'll just go with the low ratio diff...ohh well...

So...I worked this week-end...I'll have a little money to splurge on shit...I got to take the wife to an auction thursday night...and then she will let me out of house duties for the day on Sat...The Z run's,...I have a shitload of tires.....the pavement will be cold down there...so that means more slipping and sliding....

I guess I'm trying to say...if everything goes right...I'm there like stink on shit....

The wife might go...so that means I'll need a puppy-sitter....and I will have very little room for tools and tires in the Z....so I might need a pit crew/pit car to carry some stuff...and a videocrew would be cool.....and when we get back that night...hot saki will floweth..... :)

is this serious drifting with pro cars? are there any vendors?

This is not a prodrivers event......but sometimes...they come out and play with us.., and normally no venders, except websites selling t-shirts. It's an all out drive what you bring, pro/non-pro, begginers welcome event. If you bring the tires and tools.....then I'll pay your way into the event, and maybe some of the toll's on the way down there and back.. It will be cold, so have a vehical with a good heater....hehe....and bundle up. My offer for the people who want's to try dirfting the Z is always open, pay your registration fee for the drifting portion, and you can co-drive the Z....but if you break it...you fix it. or help fix it... I might take friday night off from work to get the car set up and loaded, and then leave early Sat morning...in time to make it there at 9:00 AM when the gates open.

ok sounds good. im driving my girlfriends yukon down. so heat should not be a problem (heated leather). pm me with a little more info on where to meet and stuff like that.

PM sent....

I spent the last few days working on the Civic...getting it ready for daily driver duties...tommorow should be the last day screwing around with it...then I can bring in the Z for some tweeking and start cleaning up the tools and preping the track boxes.....

busy week.... :(

Delayed another week due to the weather.... :angry:

But that gives me more time to prep the Z :)

Since the event has been postponed to the 12th...

next Sat....I'm stoked....

E-town is also having the import VS Domestic Muscle wars that day as well....

So for the spectators...it's a double whammie... :p

so grab your camera's...and lets go see some sliding....rice....and some mean cars..... :lol:

I still have to get a front tower bar, a seat of some sort installed, and a harness.....

the Z is running sweet...I just changed the oil again...this time to half synthetic...and installed some driving lights and a grill on the front...I spent about 3 hours getting the old Z cahirs rails to fit the Sparco seat I got...just to go and install it into the car...and the damn rails are completely different....so tommorrow...I have to start from scratch again...and the Earls Stainless steel cluch line came in today...so I hope it will give me a crispier shift... :ph34r:

Back