March 12th, 2005....First Slide @ E-town

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 6 2005, 03:36 AM
sweet. did you register for the limerock event yet?
[post=469794]Quoted post[/post]​

Yup... :) :p

The Earls Stainless Steel Clutch hydro line is awesome....installed, bled and tested...the Z shifts like a mad car....now onto getting the rest of the items done...

I'm on hold for now...the frikken weather looks like they will cancell again...I'll find out more toonight...

figured as much. march is too early to try try to schedule an event in new england....

thats good though... i'll probably be at work all daty saturday :(

I borrowed travis's Recardo seat, harness and front strut tower bar....and got them installed today...the Z is now perfect for short people to drive... :( I need to find better seats for that thing....even the sparco seat was to small for me to sit in and drive...even with a helmet on...I guess I'll buy a kirkly seat next... :)

good luck clayton, i cant get down to your house since i have no vehicle.

now to see if I'm ready... Since I have to work...I guess I'll start loading up and swap some tires around today and tonight, go to work...or take the day off...and either leave work in the morning..and go directly there...or leave the house around 6:00-6:30 tommorrow...

If I decide to go...it will be wet..so it will be a slide fest...and less tire wear...

Welp...I'm carrying lesser tools than normal...no jack, 4 tires, one tool box, two helmets, and a few other things in the Z. The wife is staying home. So it's a free day for me...yeeehaw. camera is charging, cell phone is charging...memory sticks erased...car is ready, I am ready...and I'll be going to work tonight from 11:45-6:45...I'll leave Sikorsky Aircraft at 6:50...jump on rt 15...and head down to the Fairfield rest area...get some coffee...wait for anyone that wants to go....my cell phone number is 203-537-6746 if you feel you want to go and want me to wait a little bit. I'll shoot down rt 15 into NY, and then jump onto I-95...and head over the GW bridge...then stop for a piss break at the rest area as you enter the NJTP....and head on into E-town...

if I break something...then I hope Alex in NJ (who bought my AE86) can hook me up with a tow home...and then I grab a power nap and head back into work that night....

Thats the plan....who else is going?

The street wars will also be going on that day as well....so there will be plenty to see....

i wonder if it even happened. we've got 6 inches of snow here already, and we still have another 12 hours to go.

well..when I got out of work yesterday...the Z had 6 inches of snow on it....might have been 7....so I wos hoping to just get out of the parking lot...well...the overloaded Z did just that...it actually moved..so I pressed on down to the rest area to fill up with some gas and get a huge cup of coffee....on the way there...I was doing about 35mph...the fuse for the defrost heater blew, so I was wiping the windsheild to fet the fog of the windo..so I could see the road....then I open the drivers window to let the cold air in and to stabilize the temps in the car...just so I can see....and a fucking SUV that thinks it's good to speed on route 115 passes me....and I got an instant slush shower thru the open windo, and he also coated the Z with salt and slush....

Well..I made it to the service station...bought some fuses...and I now had heat again...and I cleaned of the windsheild...and headed back on down to NY/NJ...

Multiple cars were spun out off the road...even one that ran into a brick bridge...and was on fire...I only thought to myself...."Should I really be doing this?"...well..made it to the GW bridge..and then the sky's turned blue...and the road was clear...so I headed on down the rest of the way to NJ.

Go there in one peice...and about 45 minutes late...but I was right on time for the drivers breifing..and then the first group went out to drift...I was in the second group..so I didn't have time to change any tires...and I went out there the first two runs with the new 265/50/14 BFG's...and they actually slide good and I had some what controll over them...then after that, I swapped on the Azenis front and back...and I was a spinning fool out there, then I tried the 255/60/14's and I had amazing control...and I actually had a few decent runs...but nobody saw them....Ohh well....but I did learn that with the torque that the Z puts out...the super wide tires with fresh tread...drifts and is controllable...so I think I'm just going to stick to a wide tire drift this year....time to start ordering more.... :ph34r:

There was about 15-20 cars there...and drifting from 10:00AM to 4:00PM...it was diffenatly worth the $75 buck to go out and burn off some tires...The Z held out pretty well yesterday...no mechanical problems at all.....untill I got home..a nice girl at the last stoplight to my house yelled out the windo and said that the rear tail-lights were out....and sure enough...they were...so I drove all the way back from NJ to CT...with no tails... :ph34r: Ohhh well...time to get back to re-wireing the Z. The Seat and harness was a deffinate help....my arms were not as tired as they were when I did less runs at the other events..so I will be looking for a shorter seat that will mount farther back....so I can have some legroom again.

But for the first Clubloose drift event....it ran smoothly, plenty of friggen runs, and it was great...the parking lot had puddles still...and when I hit them...I'd be spinning...but there was no snow down there...and the sun was out, but just a little bit windy...but everyone had a good time...I think I only saw two cars get towed back home, and no accidents on the course...so I think they should call this a successfull event....

I was in the Z for a full 12 hours plus strait yesterday....driving in bad weather, drifting, and the drive home....plus I went right after work...I was dead tired when I got home...had a sweet yakisoba dinner the wife cooked up for me, sipped about 1/4 of a beer...and passed out for 12 hours....

nice man... nice nice...

i was out drifting the 240sx on the snowy roads! got snowbanked once... :)

AWESOME TIME!!!!!!11!!1!11!!elevenone!!!

Here's some pics... CLick

Back