March of Dimes - help me out!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
The March of Dimes WalkAmerica 2005 event is coming up (4/29-5/1), and I'm asking your help to raise funds!

What is it?

The mission of the March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects and infant mortality. They do this through research, educational programs, and community service to help those in need. You can read more about it here:

http://www.walkamerica.org/
http://www.marchofdimes.com/

My role in this:

The WalkAmerica event is basically a giant national fundraising event to help support the March of Dimes. Participants volunteer to walk in this event to increase awareness of the need to prevent birth defects and reduce infant mortality, and in the process try to raise money to help fund the organization.

This year, my manager is having a daughter with some kind of brain defect, and she's only going to live for a few days after she is born. My entire plant's earnings for WalkAmerica 2005 are going to be donated to the March of Dimes in honor of his daughter, and to fund research to help prevent future children from being born with the same problem.

What can you do?

Donate! Either sign up with your company's team (if you have one) and try to raise money, or donate through me. Your donations are tax deductible! If you wish to donate, head to my March of Dimes site and take care of business there:

http://www.walkamerica.org/calesta

Once your donation is complete, the site will give you a receipt that you can print and use on your 2005 tax return. Make sure to tell me in this thread or via PM if you donate, how much it was, and which email address you posted on the donation.

Thanks everyone for any help you can give!

bump. help out a good cause. every buck counts.

I'm walking for cancer June 4th. I'll donate a few bucks if you give a little more info Cal. I'm half loaded and I don't know where to look.

Originally posted by tab+Apr 25 2005, 12:44 AM-->
I'm walking for cancer June 4th. I'll donate a few bucks if you give a little more info Cal. I'm half loaded and I don't know where to look.
[post=491062]Quoted post[/post]​
pissedoffsol
@Apr 25 2005, 07:25 AM
click the link.. lol
[post=491102]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :lol:

I could cut/paste it all in, but the link is there. :) Basically, March of Dimes is around to help raise awareness and money to prevent birth defects. There's more detail on the specific kinds of research they're targetting in the links, but the basic part is that I'm walking in the event to help out this coming Saturday.

To everyone who has donated so far, thanks a ton! I'm up to $70 already- keep them coming!

Thank you Chris, thank you Kenneth! It's hard watching my manager walk around with bloodshot eyes all week... hopefully he'll feel a little better after this weekend is over.

are yuo sure his eyes aren't shot from...
<##########>~~

j/k

good luck on the walk :)

Yeah I'm sure. :)

Thanks man- no luck needed on the walk though, just on research to fix babies. :) :) :)

The walk is tomorrow morning though, so get your donations in ASAP!

Back