Mark Antony Amp.. Any good?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nightrider45

I was thinkin about buying a Mark Antony Amp 800.1 but i want to know if it's any good?

I think that may be the generation after concept bought them out. Only thing I can remember is that the old ones were cheater amps (like rated 150W@ 4ohms, but 1200W@ 1 ohm).

*shrug* Depends if you're getting it from someone, can see it work, and get a good price.

They used to be a more expensive brand, but then they got bought out, and then they stopped making anything so then they went wholesale. So they became a cheaper brand over time.

That's not a bad price though.

so is it a good quality brand amplifier? does it stand out with the JBL's, JL audio, Kicker, Kenwood..
Please dont tell me it's like a Plye or like a sony

I've never heard of that brand of amp before. When considering and amp to buy you have to look at a couple things: how many watts are your sub(s), what ohlm load are you running the subs, and the box. Also with amps it might say its a 800.1 but is it a class D amp, meaning is it true power output, and also what ohlm load does the amp put out it high potential. It might run 800 watts at a 1/2 ohlm but you are running your subs at 8/4 or 2 olhms. you not gonna see 800 watts if thats the case. just make sure the amp works good. Your amp makes such a huge difference in sound. I have sold car audio before and have seen alot of systems. you can have really nice subs but a cheap amp and it sounds like crap, but if you have those same subs on a better amp, it sounds like a totally different system. good luck though

Back