Mars to be close to Earth on Aug.27

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
Mars is expected to be only 35 million miles from Earth on August 27th. get out your binoculars and telescopes everyone because its a once in a lifetime chance to see it. click here to read more about the details :)

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Aug 25 2003, 10:59 PM
Mars is expected to be only 35 million miles from Earth on August 27th. get out your binoculars and telescopes everyone because its a once in a lifetime chance to see it. click here to read more about the details :)

:blink: :rolleyes: :ufucktard:

LOL j/k Brian.

i heard about this. seems pretty interesting. nothing seems like a big whoop until you actually see it, like solar eclipses. then youre like "WOW THAT WAS COOOL!"

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4@Aug 25 2003, 07:28 PM
how far away is it normally? and at 35 million miles away how big will it be, will there be any obvious size diff?

i heard somewhere that normally its like 95 million miles away, but i could have heard wrong. according the link i gave, Mars is twice the size of the moon but it will be 145 times as far away.

Its 4am here in San Diego and i just went out and looked at it. not much to look at so i came back in pretty quick. Looks like a plane coming in to land, just doesn't move, it was cool though to think of what i was actually looking at.

Back