Martha Stewart guilty on all counts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

s403515d813894.jpg

Well, naturally, she's going to appeal a thousand times and get the sentence reduced to like a month in Club Fed.

i know, it must be nice being that rich and well known- even if it is for mending aprons and baking pies- It'd be funny if she went to jail though, Kmart would have to drop her line of products and it would be reason 289352 why they should just close

you really don't know about Martha Stewarts trial and everything?

basically, Stewart sold her ImClone stock only after Bacanovic told his assistant to tip her off that ImClone founder Sam Waksal was trying to sell

she dumped her stocks due to an insider tip that the value was going to plunge is how i understand it- i dunno uch about the stock market though

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 8 2004, 01:37 AM
for those of us who don't know the story, whats the dilly?

b your kidding right? She was found guilty of insider trading after getting a tip from someone inside Emclone. If she would have kept here shares, she would have lost about 30k. Once the story hit, here net worth went down by over a million.

I think that there has been way worse offenders who have ruined lives (worldcom and Emron) and they are getting basicly a slap on the rist. They drained thousands of peoples entire life savings. Martha only effected herself.

As for now, Martha will have the most pretty 8x8 cell in all of New York. Stripes are in this year!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 8 2004, 01:08 AM
shes going to jail for selling stocks? wtf?

book a fucking criminal.

this world fucking sucks

:withstupid:

yeah, its illegal because its "playin the market" or some shit like that.

like if you had stock in Enron, and sold it the day before they declared bankrupcy, they would look into it. especially if you had a PILE of stock in it like martha stuart did.

Insider trading B- risky stuff.

Has anyone seen her blooper reels before? She's definitely not as wholesome as people used to think...

yea it would be like me saying yo b that hondabeaters.com stock is going to die(except its a public company) and you sell all of your shares right b4 the plummet... which is actually funny the fda report they all sold on turned out to be a minor setback and martha would have actually made money on the stock if she wasnt a greedy bitch and sold it all on an "inside tip"...

Back