Martial arts video of a cool two person drill

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
First off I'm sure it looks gay to you guys, you really don't need to get into that. If you really feel it's gay, I'd love to show you other wise if you're willing to get on the mat with me. =)

With that being said. This is a two person drill of x many different moves that are linked together to form one long series of moves. The whole idea is grapple/ground work, escapes and counters. People always say, "fights don't work that way. you can't plan move for move to fight like that." This isn't meant to be a fight, it's just piecing together many different tools from a large tool box. If you happen to get into a fight in real life and you're stuck on the ground, you can pick one of the many moves that best suits the situation and use it, if it doesn't work, move to another one.

We have many other forms like this that cover most everything, from take downs, choking, joint locks... and so on.

fun stuff =)

BTW this is from traditional okinawan karate, hard to believe karate is more then just a few kicks and punches... American karate (for the most part) = watered down sport like fighting. =(

kick at the mirror 50 times
punch at the mirror 50 times
block the air 50 times

I still can't figure out why people do that when they could easily do 50 kicks, punches, and blocks within katas while working their whole body for more power and control.

YouTube - Koryu Uchinadi Escape & Counter Drill [excerpts]

Back