Martial Arts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wycked Sniper

I have been seeing quite a few members make remarks recently about martial arts experience. I'd love to get some more info on what style, rank and length of training some of the honda swap members have. PLEASE, I'm asking kindly not to start some ignorant posts about who's better Segal or Bruce Lee. Also no "I don't need that junk, I carry a gun" crap. :angry: Even with my experience below, I still carry a .45 and a backup :D . I'm asking for information from people who have trained in martial arts.

Personal Experience: 20 years of Tae Kwon Do Chung Do Kwan (3rd Dan)
12 years of Jiu Jitsu (1st Dan), 4 years of Kendo, 4 years of Gracie Jiu Jitsu (Blue Belt) under Rickson Gracie Academy, 4 years of Brazilian freestyle jiu jitsu (Brown Belt) under NAFJJA (North Amercian Free Style Jiu Jitsu Association)

During the years of TKD I taught in IN & MI mostly including the TKD center at Notre Dame. During my early years of TKD, I went to the Olympic Training Center in CO Springs and was an olympic alternate. Of course, at the time TKD wasn't a medal sport. Trained with Doloris Johnson, Herb Perez and Garth Cooly until they went on to bigger and better things lol. The past few years, I've been teaching my own mix (locally) of TKD, Jiu Jitsu, chemical deterrants, small circle joint locks (Wally Jay) and firearms. Just thought I'd get something new insight into others history. Thanks guys!

ehem, i have successfully completed every difficulty level on street fighter 2 and i can do the finishing moves for half the people on mortal kombat...thank you.

Originally posted by punkyjewster41@Nov 17 2003, 05:30 PM
ehem, i have successfully completed every difficulty level on street fighter 2 and i can do the finishing moves for half the people on mortal kombat...thank you.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

hehe

Honestly, I have a lot of respect for people with the discipline to do martial arts of any kind. I simply don't have the energy or discipline to do any of it. Plus you all can kick my ass on a whim. :p

<---zero experience here. I was on the fencing team in college for a year. I wish I knew some martial arts though.

I did TaeKwonDo for 8 1/2 years had my black belt for over 2
and i am now studying Go Ju Ryu Karate
i plan on training in either Judo, or Aikido, next year

4 years Kun Tao Silat, Blue belt = Around a brown belt in TKD, This art is mostly about knife fighting and body manipulation.
5 years TKD, Recommended Black belt

Lots of fun

4 years American Taekwondo (Combination Karate, Jujitsu, & Akido)
1ish years amateur wrestling

Four years hand to hand training in the military. Other than that, a friend teachs Marines Akidio, and used to show me just enough to get my ass kicked, or kill somebody.

what's kendo like? im considering going into it, whats it like after 4 years?

I first started with a kid named Keisuki Kotani from Japan. He came to me and we talked about trading TKD classes for Kendo training. I was psyched, ordered an expensive set of kendo armor from century and he let me use one of his competition bokken from Japan. Let me tell you, buying the armor first was stupid as hell :lol: . He had me doing bokken technique for right around three months before we even started using the gear. The learning experience was incredible, we would do like 1,000 front strikes, then 1,000 blocks, then 1,000 high blocks. That was standing still! Then we'd do the same 1,000 of each except with footwork this time. I thought my arms were going to fall off. When I would get home at night, I could only sleep for an hour before having to change positions due to the pain. When we actually got to gear up, I learned quickly that century makes a shitty set of armor! the wrist protectors were so thin, I eventually chipped bones from the strikes. Anyways, we studied for another few years and I absolutely loved every minute of it. I left for the Army and never got to see Keisuki again.
When I finally settled down in TN, I started with the Gracie Jiu Jitsu. However, I kept looking for kendo training. To my surprise, it was nearly in my back yard! The last of my training was at the Meiji Gakuin in Sweetwater, TN. The school is like an exchange school for Japanese students and they have a thorough kendo class. I learned a ton more from these guys also. I still love Kendo and I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing I can say is BUY QUALITY GEAR! and get ready for a damned hard workout!

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Nov 17 2003, 06:18 PM
<<<couple years each of Tang Soo Do (sister art of Tae Kwon Do) & American Goju (hawaiian art similar to japanese karate)

a buddy of mine does tang soo do... pretty interesting! :thumbsup:

I used to be a brown belt in karate :)

Abbie's old man does ishan rue (sp?) which = dont f w/him...pressure points and flexability are a lethal weapon...

I wonder if wrestling counts :hmm: If so then ive got 4 years of freestyle and one year of Collegic ( i cant spell, i think). Ive been reading up a bit on ninpo and kendo recently and there is, or at least was, a ninpo dojo in sac that im planning on looking into when i get the extra time and money.

Back