Maryland wants to jam cell phones

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

should be banned.
public yard phones should be pulled too.

you want to talk, they need to show up and do it in person.

phones are banned in prisons as is, at least in my area
you always hear funny stories about smuggling from local CO's
also saw one correction officer arrested in the paper for buying cheap prepaid phones and getting like 1k for each one in prison

I think I need to read their white paper to understand why jamming is not fully implemented.

I think I need to read their white paper to understand why jamming is not fully implemented.

Because jamming is illegal. Period.

My point for posting this is to show you what is out there, and could also be applied in civil unrest situations and protests. Interesting stuff, first time I've seen any of it on the open internet.

:werd: I didn't think about that application. Probably why they're so interested in testing it on a localized yet large enough area to gather info.

If you're planning to rely on your cell phone as a mode of communications in a SHTf situation, you're in for a big suprise.

Hell, cell phones were dead for 24 hours here when 9/11 happened.

And that was back in the day when only the 'kids' really had cell phones.

if you want a cell phone, don't go to prison. if you have someone willing to shove one in their ass or buy one from a guard, let them have it. worst thing that happens is someone gets shanked for their celly. one less felon we need to house/feed/give medical to.

the problem is that gang members can still run their organization from within the prison walls through the use of cell phones.

and all communication with the outside world (besides their lawyer) is monitored, letters read, phone calls listened to, etc.

awptickes said:
Because jamming is illegal. Period.

Hmm good point.

This is the first time ive seen this much information on the testing procedures released as well.

Back