Mass Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92gs

This thing has been sour from the jump, first mistake, sent the car off to have someone else do the swap, second, bought a gang load of sh*t and put it all on except the V-tec controller, and went out to get it on. Well I really don't know what motor I have , it says B16a, and dude says it's JDM, and that's what was payed for, he says it out of a 1992 and up civic /delsol/crx, but my block has PR3 stamped all over it. If Im right Pr3 means I have a Integra motor right? Im running a PWO ecu though,(not by my choice, that's how it came from dudes shop)and it's throwing codes, my sh*t is supposed to be able to rev to 8200, yet we all know a PW0 won't do that, or atleast mine won't, If i try to, my ecu go's into fail safe, and only let's my car run up to 3000rpm until i reset the ecu, then it'll run fine, kinda other than throwing codes for the tdc, tas,and map sensors. Point is my block has more little numbers on it under B16a , do those mean anything? If so, the fist 3 digits are 500, what ecu should I have?

take some pictures.

TDC, CKP CYP will fuck with you RPM!!

I reappraise your questions everything is mixed up I don't get what your trying to say!!

I will try to help you!!

take some pictures of the engine what color were the Injector PLUGS?

what car did u swap the motor in..?

we need more info to help you out!!

did you do a Conversion..?

:sleep:

the car in question is a 91 crx si, I had my car took to a shop. I payed for a "j-spec" b16a, had it shipped to the shop, they pulled my stock, put in the b16a. Like I said, I know it's a B16a. My head has stamps that say pr3 also. The ecu the dudes at the shop put in my car is a PWO. How do I find out exactly what generation my motor is, and what exactly it came out of. Under the B16a stamp there is some other numbers.I think they put the wrong ecu in my car, and in order to get the right one i need to find out what the motor is , since it has PR3 stamps on the head, and since PR3's are for JDM Integra, that would explain why my current ecu is throwing all the codes. The shop i got the motor from can't tell me for sure what the motor came from. As for Pics, it looks like a normal B16a........tight.

PR3 is just a casting code that means B16. An ITR is also a PR3, but it jsut gets a little handjob before being installed.

Calm yourself.

The PW0 ECU is one of the two ECU's that work in your car. So that's fine.

You're wiring or something is messed up. Without YOU having first hand knowledge of what was done, there's little this board could do for you. Take the car back to where the engine was installed. Let them know the car is throwing ECU codes. They should be able to fix the problem, or demand they pay to have someone fix it for you, if they don't want to spend the time on it.

Done.

Their are two kinds of JDM Engines b16a~~~

One is an EF B16a Civic Hatch 88-91!! And one came from Integra both says b16a!!
Also b16a can be from a 92-95 SIR II OBD1. All say b16a!! Only key differences are the PLUGS wiring will be GREY if it’s OBD1.

Both look the same!!
One can be OBD1 how you tell is by the Valve cover if its the Original Cover, The wiring for the Distributor will be **grey** if its OBD1 and by the Throttle BODY the b16a OBD1 will have some sort of MPFI or someshit I don't really remember but the OBD1 b16a won't have anything written on the throttle body.

Looks like you have a OBD0 motor with a OBD0 ECU and Distributor.

Your distributor might be fucked that’s why its giving you Code 4. TPS is on the back off the Throttle BODY on the right it might be damaged or defective or I just might be unplugged. The MAP code you might want to try a Integra Map Sensor but the Si Map sensor should work without any problems.

I also have a B16a but it’s a SIR II came only with OBD1!!

Looks like the shop that did your swap didn’t do a good JOB!!!!

Originally posted by bossman032 Posted on May 15 2003@ 06:08 AM

No,there is a 89-91 SiR II

And here is a pic of my B16A2 block with the PR3 stamp..

s3ec3918104e2e.jpg

My head is stamped PR3-4

Here's the motor code...EDM OBD I 93...

s3eb8ce8de30e9.jpg

so do those little numbers under B16 mean anything, If so mine are 5004297. Bottom line is I want to know what kind of car this motor came out of, I Know it's either one of two, but which one. And when I find that out, I'll know what Ecu was originally used to Run this motor. I just want to know for sure. about the plug wires ! Belive it or not, for some reason the shop or whoever "spray painted" the friggin wires black along with the top of the valve cover. Getto...........

Originally posted by 92b16vx+May 15 2003, 08:17 AM-->
bossman032 Posted on May 15 2003
@ 06:08 AM

No,there is a 89-91 SiR II

And here is a pic of my B16A2 block with the PR3 stamp..

s3ec3918104e2e.jpg

My head is stamped PR3-4

Here's the motor code...EDM OBD I 93...

s3eb8ce8de30e9.jpg

88-91 didn't come IN OBD1!!!!!!

Mine I think is a 92+ XSi or something!!!

It came with cable tranny!!! and the dizzy it came with was OBD1 and wiring was OBD1 also~~~
It also has the PR3 Stamp on the Head!!!! But its OBD1 with an OBD1 ECU GREY PLUGS!!!!

soo please try to explain more if you can by what you mean :D :worthy:

Originally posted by bossman032@May 17 2003, 07:20 AM

88-91 didn't come IN OBD1!!!!!!

Mine I think is a 92+ XSi or something!!!

It came with cable tranny!!! and the dizzy it came with was OBD1 and wiring was OBD1 also~~~
It also has the PR3 Stamp on the Head!!!! But its OBD1 with an OBD1 ECU GREY PLUGS!!!!

soo please try to explain more if you can by what you mean :D :worthy:

I NEVER said that OBD I was around in 88-91,I said that there is a 88-91 SiRII.SiRII doesn't indicate the year,it is a trim level,like CX,VX,DX,HX,Si,SIR,VTi,etc...

My motor also has a PR3-4 stamp on the head,and it is a OBD I EDM B16A2 from a 93 civic VTi.

If yours came with OBD I elecrtonics and a cable tranny,it is probably from like you said a teg.

Back