Massive Oil Leak

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pooptugboat

Hey hows it going, just swapped a fresh rebuilt b16a into my 96 hatch, replaced all seals and gaskets, and put ctr pistons into it, i dropped the engine in, took the plugs out and turned it over to build up some oil pressure, placed plugs in started her up, she fired right up for about 7 seconds then shut her down about 7 seconds in when i lost 2 qt of oil out of the back of the head between the head and block, i only get to work on it every other saturday due to school and living 150 miles away from the car, but i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, im positive i put the headgasket on right, all apssages lined up just 1 way which is the way i put it, but my friend said he rebuilt his b18c and put the head gasket in backwards and he sprayed oil all over his firewall. Just hoping someone could point me in a direct cause of this. thx.

If it's leaking from the head, that would be the first place I would look. Wouldn't hurt to take it off and try it again.

Should i replace the headgasket again if i remove the head? and have you ever heard of anyone putting a headgasket on backward? or upside down maybe

Yes, replace the gasket. When you take the head off make sure that theres nothing sticking up above the deck of the block or below the deck of the head. GL.

thx guys, the block was previously in the car too at 10psi useing an fmu and stock injectors, i had it honed just wondering what the odds are on dropping a cylinder in a b16, i know their tank ass blocks, jsut the piston rings fried on it and saw no ware or tare on the cylinders before the hone

Did more extensive research, found out alot of people have the same problem as me, due to upside down headgaskets, so im just gonna assume thatde be it. So pictures of some red ek hatch on the street will be posted labor day weakend.

Back