master cylinder swapping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

while the 1" 2g integra MC has the fitting connections in the same place at the 5g civics the problem is that the thing bolts to the booster in reverse to the way the 5g MC bolts up

has anyone ever seen someone make an adapter to correct this or is the only way to swap the booster as well?

would a 7/8" MC be too small for running 98 GSR brakes?

any help/comments appreciated

thanks

I've never seen an adapter... swapping the booster is a bit of a pain, but it's really not THAT hard.

7/8"s isn't too bad, that's what I used on my "ITR" swap. Pedal was a little softer than I would have liked it, but it bit hard.

If you used anything in between the MC and the booster, the plunger wouldn't seat right inside, and it wouldn't push fluid. You could get a Teg RS MC...15/16"s and bolts to the Civic booster.

Or a 91 EX MC, same thing.

When I was searching for a 15/16" MC for my civic, i found that all integras have the incorrect bolt pattern, but some 4th gen preludes have a civic-compatible bolt pattern. I felt the 15/16" made a huge difference over my civic's 7/8".

I think I'm just going to go with the 7/8" for now and see how it is.... then if I really need something more I'll swap the booster and go to a 1" or else look for a 91 EX 15/16"

regarding the adapter, if I have cnc tools I would make one. not something that goes between but bolts over the top with pins that go into the bolt holes of the MC and the correct hole location for the booster bolts
I could whip up a picture if you can't make a visual from my description

anyway, thanks for the responses guys

Mike, your fender will be coming. work/house hunting/getting brakes fixed has been taking way too much time

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 9 2005, 12:21 AM
7/8"s isn't too bad, that's what I used on my "ITR" swap. Pedal was a little softer than I would have liked it, but it bit hard.

If you used anything in between the MC and the booster, the plunger wouldn't seat right inside, and it wouldn't push fluid. You could get a Teg RS MC...15/16"s and bolts to the Civic booster.
[post=496814]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by bcman@May 11 2005, 04:02 AM
When I was searching for a 15/16" MC for my civic, i found that all integras have the incorrect bolt pattern, but some 4th gen preludes have a civic-compatible bolt pattern. I felt the 15/16" made a huge difference over my civic's 7/8".
[post=497640]Quoted post[/post]​

Not all, like I said the RS one fits.

Back