1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matter of Opinion

Discussion in 'Integra' started by TDK_001, Oct 10, 2009.

1. TDK_001

TDK_001 TDK

I'm about to take apart and rebuild a B18b1 block in my dc2. i was wondering what kind of pistons, rods, and other internals would be good for a turbo setup? just wanted to get some ideas. :mellow:

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

how big do you want to go?

3. TDK_001

TDK_001 TDK

probably in the 5 grand range money wise. maybe run at like 15-20 psi. what do you think would be good for my price range? i noticed my friend just got a garrett turbo gt3076r for his gsr, i'm thinking maybe to do the same eventually when i get all the other parts together. I know i want to get it sleeved and buy some performance rods, crank, pistons. I'm probably gonna go with a gsr head also. i'm just trying to get some ideas before i go and buy anything.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  4. greesemonkey

greesemonkey New Member

howabout builda b20b block with type r headsor b16a heads using the b20b pistons my mate did that and turbod his integra and it hulled ass wqith it turbo

5. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

No need to go with a B20B block, with stock B20 pistons, if you're going to rebuild the B18 block.

Something like Wiseco pistons, Crower rods, and resleeving itself should run you around $2200 itself, and would allow you to run a larger bore. No need for an aftermarket crankshaft unless your stock one is bad.

6. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

if the range is $5k and internals will run half of that, should leave you with enough to get some head work done also.

7. greesemonkey

greesemonkey New Member

did he not want to go turbo also.. and labour?

1 person likes this.
  8. TDK_001

TDK_001 TDK

i just keep seeing all these people online talking about LS/Vtec turbo. i even hear some people claiming low tens with this set up. i'm just curious on what they did to get a ls block to go that fast.

also thanks for the input.

9. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

If these people are really claiming 10 second LS/VTEC cars then the main thing that they did was open their wallets...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted