Matter of Opinion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm about to take apart and rebuild a B18b1 block in my dc2. i was wondering what kind of pistons, rods, and other internals would be good for a turbo setup? just wanted to get some ideas. :mellow:

probably in the 5 grand range money wise. maybe run at like 15-20 psi. what do you think would be good for my price range? i noticed my friend just got a garrett turbo gt3076r for his gsr, i'm thinking maybe to do the same eventually when i get all the other parts together. I know i want to get it sleeved and buy some performance rods, crank, pistons. I'm probably gonna go with a gsr head also. i'm just trying to get some ideas before i go and buy anything.

Last edited:
howabout builda b20b block with type r headsor b16a heads using the b20b pistons my mate did that and turbod his integra and it hulled ass wqith it turbo

No need to go with a B20B block, with stock B20 pistons, if you're going to rebuild the B18 block.

Something like Wiseco pistons, Crower rods, and resleeving itself should run you around $2200 itself, and would allow you to run a larger bore. No need for an aftermarket crankshaft unless your stock one is bad.

No need to go with a B20B block, with stock B20 pistons, if you're going to rebuild the B18 block.

Something like Wiseco pistons, Crower rods, and resleeving itself should run you around $2200 itself, and would allow you to run a larger bore. No need for an aftermarket crankshaft unless your stock one is bad.
if the range is $5k and internals will run half of that, should leave you with enough to get some head work done also.

i just keep seeing all these people online talking about LS/Vtec turbo. i even hear some people claiming low tens with this set up. i'm just curious on what they did to get a ls block to go that fast.

also thanks for the input.

i just keep seeing all these people online talking about LS/Vtec turbo. i even hear some people claiming low tens with this set up. i'm just curious on what they did to get a ls block to go that fast.

If these people are really claiming 10 second LS/VTEC cars then the main thing that they did was open their wallets...

Back