Matt's GTR Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Matts96HB

VIP
I pick it up on the 23rd.

This will be a build thread. Dealer pics to start:
004_0004.jpg 003_0003.jpg

12k miles, premium, Super Silver

Plans:
FBO (intakes, injectors, full exhaust, tune)
Wheels and tires
Tint

Congrats, that is a nice ride.

This deserves a better title, lol. I thought this was just some thread with a link to a car for sale or something.

why do you have to wait so long?

recalls? warranty issues?

why do you have to wait so long?

recalls? warranty issues?

That's the soonest I can get down there to see it in person, test drive it, etc.

What is your goal for the build? Street? DD? Show?

I was going to build something to take to the track, but honestly, I don't have the time or desire to buy the space to heavily mod something. The GTR + light mods is going to be plenty and it'll be easy to do.

what do you do for work? is your place hiring? :X

I'm an engineer in O&G.

Oh no, please don't say you bought a GTR from Texas Direct...

I wouldn't buy one of these cars without seeing it and driving it first. I'm listening..

I was kidding about the job thing. :) If i didn't have my house/rented something, i could have one too. I'd rather have the house. saving for my r33 :X

whats texas direct?

I was kidding about the job thing. :) If i didn't have my house/rented something, i could have one too. I'd rather have the house. saving for my r33 :X

whats texas direct?
I did a quick google earlier and they have a LOT of scam warnings. They didnt look like scams to me, just a dealer that sells more than they are staffed for. Just really bad customer service.

I've read some of those reviews too, which obviously aren't great but the Carfax is clean, it's a one owner car and I've had Nissan do a PPI. I'm bringing my own money so I really won't have anything to do with them on that side of things. Is there anything else I should be cautious of?

I've read some of those reviews too, which obviously aren't great but the Carfax is clean, it's a one owner car and I've had Nissan do a PPI. I'm bringing my own money so I really won't have anything to do with them on that side of things. Is there anything else I should be cautious of?

The car might not be on inventory anymore. Unless the dealership is close, I would call ahead to confirm. (obviously I'm assuming you would do this, just throwing it out there) This could be a bait and switch to get you on the lot and say, "oh man, that one just sold. check this orange one with 120,000 miles and 24" wheels for $150k".

The car might not be on inventory anymore. Unless the dealership is close, I would call ahead to confirm. (obviously I'm assuming you would do this, just throwing it out there) This could be a bait and switch to get you on the lot and say, "oh man, that one just sold. check this orange one with 120,000 miles and 24" wheels for $150k".

I'd be furious. Especially since I'm flying out to look at it. But I wouldn't put it past a car dealership to pull something like that lol

I have to call the salesman today, I'll verify again to make sure.

Back